z

Young Writers Society

Hello all

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Sat May 13, 2006 11:29 am
Staggy11 says...

I'm into writing, although it's a rare ocasion when anything gets finished. I'm mainly into fantasy and Sci-fi, although I enjoy other genres as well.

I also enjoy sketching, even if I'm not that good at it.

This seems a very poor effort for an intro topic, but I honestly cannot think of anything else to say.

So once again, I say to you "Hello!".

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat May 13, 2006 12:11 pm
smaur says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS. We love our artists; there's an art section if you ever want to post some of your work.

If you have any questions, don't hestitate to ask away.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sat May 13, 2006 3:01 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Hello, Staggy! I am Dusky *takes a bow* Welcome to the site!

A lot of us seem to have a problem finishing work. We are however having a challange on the site to write a full Novel in a year. You can join in at any time, but we're all aiming to have them finished by the end of the year. We'd love to have you try with us if you like that kind of thing.

I am a Fantasy and Sometimes-Sci-Fi person myself and I look forward to seeing your work around.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or any of the other mods.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sat May 13, 2006 6:12 pm
Poor Imp says...

Hullo Staggy...welcome and all that. ^_^ Honestly, no one knows how to introduce themselves - so there's not a lame and brilliant intro. I think I've seen some people just say - "um, hi and yeah...".

Anyhow, writing speaks for you. ^_~ This is just a formality.

I hope you enjoy YWS. As Dusk says - mods are helpful for questions, as is the FAQ and various and sundry other members...

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sat May 13, 2006 7:48 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome m'dear to YWS. If you have questions or anything please feel free to PM me. I am a big fantasy and sci-fi fan myself, looking forward to see you and your work around.

Cheerios, CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun May 14, 2006 3:11 am
Snoink says...

Oooo... I love sci-fi and fantasy! Bending the rules in a logical way is just so fun. :)

Anyway, welcome! It'll be interesting seeing your work.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

We do have funerals for the living. They're called birthday parties.
— Jill Biden (fictitiously), Hope Never Dies