z

Young Writers Society

Newbie Here!

Reviews: 3
Fri May 12, 2006 4:11 am
julimartin says...

Hi all!
I'm not really sure how to introduce myself, but here goes.
I am most assertively a poet, but I am working on a play right now that I hope to get critiqued. I also write autobigraphical and fiction pieces.
I can't wait to share and be shared with.
peace,
juli

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Fri May 12, 2006 7:48 am
deleted6 says...

Hey Welcome this is a great site. Well Welcome to The Young Writers Society also known as YWS hope you enjoy yourself. :D
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Fri May 12, 2006 10:58 am
Shine says...

Hi julimartin!! Welcome to yws!

I am sayani from India. :)

You will surely enjoy this place.

Eager to see ur play.

-Sayani :wink:
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri May 12, 2006 5:11 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Hey! I'm Duskglimmer, one of the resident moderators here. Welcome to the Young Writers Society! If you have any questions feel free to PM me or any of the other mods.

I hope to see you around and I look forward to reading your work!
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri May 12, 2006 5:25 pm
Poor Imp says...

Hullo!... I'll add to all the greetings. ^_^ I'm Imp. I hope you enjoy YWS - it really can become too addicting - but 'tis good.

If you've got questions, as Dusky says - feel free to PM mods. And the FAQ is always helpful.

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Fri May 12, 2006 5:28 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome to YWS m'dear. If you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me anytime. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Cheerios, CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri May 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Alteran says...

Welcome.
This place is pretty cool. You'll enjoy it.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri May 12, 2006 9:05 pm
Lovekills_period says...

Hi. There is never enough poetry in the world, and therefore never enough poets. Hope you feel welcome. Now off to see your new work. :D
Yuri (to Lara): "I wish, I wish I could live two lives. My own, and to see you well and happy. To know you weren't in need of anything. I'm sure you'll find someone you could be happy with. Of course then I'd want to knock his teeth out."

--from Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat May 13, 2006 4:55 pm
Areida says...

Hey juli, welcome to the YWS! :D

I'm Areida, but please feel free to call me Ari. If you have any questions or need any help, please don't hesitate to PM me or any of the other mods or admins.

Glad to have you. :)
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun May 14, 2006 3:12 am
Snoink says...

Oooh... playwrights tend to be totally awesome story writers too, so maybe if you feel like it, you can experiment in the fiction realm? *looks pleadingly*

Nah, you do what you want. Welcome to YWS! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink