z

Young Writers Society

Lovekills_period says hi

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed May 10, 2006 11:36 pm
Lovekills_period says...

Hello,

I stumbled across this website at random, searching for some Oscar Wilde quotes for my creative writing project at school. We were charged with making a portfolio and decorating it (teachers love that). Anyway... I love poetry, and prose. I can't remember when I first started reading, or writing. I have for years kept my writing secret, and I figured that doesn't help me improve at all, so why not join others. I write mostly poetry, but I've written a few short stories. Writing is my favorite thing to do in college algebra when I really should be paying attention. I'm new to this whole BB code stuff, so we'll see how it works out....

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed May 10, 2006 11:50 pm
Snoink says...

Hehe, don't worry about the BB code! You'll be fine. :)

And you take creative writing! That's so cool... what's it like?

*coughs* Sorry... I can never escape the homeschoolerlyness of my life...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu May 11, 2006 12:24 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome to YWS m'dear! I heart(ed) creative writing projects when I had the class last year. Feel free, if you have any questions or anything else to PM me, (or Areida :wink: ). Or really any of the mods or those on Big Brother.

I think I'll shall go check out some of your work, now.

cheerios, CL. :smt004
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu May 11, 2006 12:44 am
Duskglimmer says...

Hello! I am the infamous (sort of) Duskglimmer, one of the mods on the site. Feel free to PM (Private Message) me if you have any questions at all. I'm more than willing to give answers, if I have them.

And what else are you supposed to do during Algebra? Don't tell me they actually expect us to solve those equation things. *shudders* (Just in case it isn't obvious, I despise algebra and more often than not write when I'm supposed to be working on the math as well. It gets rather interesting though, since I'm a homeschooler and all the writing does is procrastinate against the math)
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Thu May 11, 2006 3:28 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome! :D I don't bite. I took a creative writing class once, but it was more of a club, and it was very small and it only lasted half a year. :/

Drop me a Private Message if you need anything.

Anyway, welcome, and enjoy yourself.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you, and smile."
— Anne Frank