z

Young Writers Society

Semi new member

Random avatar

Reviews: 85
Wed May 10, 2006 9:36 pm
pandoraswritings says...

Hi everyone, I guess I am not that new, but I haven't posted anything other than comments on other people's work. Everyone here is doing such a great job, I guess I'm scared my work isn't as good as theirs is.
Dani

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed May 10, 2006 9:37 pm
Snoink says...

Lol, don't worry. We love reviewers. Besides, reviewers tend to be the better writers anyway! ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed May 10, 2006 10:32 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I have only one comment as to your being afraid to post your stuff: Post Anyway.

Seriously. No one on this site is sitting there going, "Oh my gosh, that person is soooo much worse than that person over there." And we're all here to share and read what other people have written and improve. So by all means, post. Please?
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Wed May 10, 2006 11:07 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Ditto what Dusky said. Welcome anyways m'dear even if it is a bit late. I love your name too. :smt023

Cheerios, CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed May 10, 2006 11:43 pm
Snoink says...

Besides, most of us (even the writers who are considered good) are usually like, "Oh my gosh... the stuff I'm writing is so terrible. Should I post it?" And then the writer posts it, and all the other members get jealous, etc. It's a never-ending cycle!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed May 10, 2006 11:44 pm
Areida says...

Indeed, we love people here. Besides, we're all here to improve our writing and help others do the same! :D

I'm Areida, but you can call me Ari if you want. It's good having you around. If you're looking for some awesome stuff to critique, check out some of the pieces by the three people above me. They're all excellent writers. See you around!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu May 11, 2006 12:48 am
Duskglimmer says...

*coughs and adds Ari's name to the list of excellent writers*

Sorry... just had to post that.

And I also just wanted to second what Snoink said about every single one of us thinking that our stuff is not good enough. Everything I post up here, I fully expect to be torn to shreds because I see it as entirely lacking. :P
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
— Leonardo da Vinci