z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members!

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:41 am
BeckFletch. says...

Wow I love this site. Reading all the non-new comers posts in the new comers welcome reply section was really amusing.

Anyway, hey there. I'm Beck. Nice to meet you all.

Hope to see you around the forums.

BeckFletch. xx
'The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, The more I will respect myself' - Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:34 pm
Jiggity says...

Hello, Beck! Another Aussie! Yay.

You should introduce yourself with a thread in this forum, give us a little more of an insight, as in what you like to write/read, etc.

Welcome to the site,

Cheers
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

Reviews: 0
Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:43 am
Sarbear says...

Heyy! I'm Sara...um this site is a bit confusing. Ha ha! I really, really love writing! I've been writing since I was around nine. Which means I've been writing for...um, four years? Lol I love love love love love writing stories and scripts! I'm pretty much obsessed with reading. Actually I'm obsessed with anything that has to do with the arts (music, art, drama, literature, etc.) I adore fashion and such :D. English and history classes are amazing and I HATE math, agh!!!! SO yeah, I'd really like someone to help me navigate this site! :) Oh and I'm majorly talkative and friendly!

Yep that's about it....

xoxo,
Sara
A classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say. -Italo Calvino

What garlic is to salad, insanity is to art. -Augustus Saint-Gaudens

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:42 am
Meshugenah says...

Hi Sara! Welcome to YWS! What is it you find confusing, exactly? I can try to explain (or at least try to)! Just send me a PM if you need help! What kind of music do you like? Listening to it, playing? Do you play an instrument?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:42 pm
Rosendorn says...

Since Mesh there ^ can be a little busy, you can also PM anybody with a blue name (greeters) purple names (instructors) or light/dark green names (jr. mods and mods, respectively.) or, you can PM me!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:54 pm
niccy_v says...

Ohh hello Beck! Another Aussie *claps*

Not enough of us around here.
Writing gives my life purpose

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:26 am
Confused.pirate says...

Hey I'm Sara! lol
I've been writing for quite some time now, but I'm going to start a semi-serious story very soon once i finish one I'm working on at the moment (not good enough to go on the internet)
I love positive criticism! Anything to make my writing even better :)
"The differences in life are what create the challenges which open the door to discovery."

1272 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:43 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome! Be sure to check out the rules. The link is at the top of the page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:02 am
nutmegan says...

Hello...I'm Nutmegan. I'll respond to pretty much anything with the base of "Meg"...Nutmeg, Megan (although my real name is simply Meg), Meggie, Meggles, Mahogany. Long history behind Mahogany. Anyway, I have a cliched vampire story in the works (shakes fist angrily at the monster that is Stephanie Meyer). And between doing stuff in the real world and coughing up 80K to reach 'full novel' status I write songs and emo poetry that's sad and depressing. Feel free to criticize my stuff-my friends do all the time. And...HI!!

1272 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:03 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya Meg and welcome to YWS!

Have you checked out the rules yet?

Sorta glad you don't want a nickname based on "nut." We have a few nuts here, literally and figuarly!

If you need anything, feel free to PM me!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:39 pm
robert_benson says...

hey all i'm new here what's going on?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:03 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey Robert -Rob, Robbie? Bob, Bert? Whatever, you can call me Stella or any variation thereupon.

So where do you live, Robert? The US, Canada, Britain, Australia, Finland, Russia? Go on, tell us about yourself, what makes you tick?

What do you like to write and read?

Just a few reminders (because I'm sure you've read the rules already ;)), no chat-speak, it's common and annoying, and always make sure that for every piece of your own work you submit on the literature forums that you review two other people's work. It's just fair. And obviously, be polite and nice and respectful and all the rest of it, but I'm sure you're a nice person, otherwise you wouldn't be on YWS.

So go on, spill some beans, explore YWS, and have fun!

PM me if you have any questions,

-Stella.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1272 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:07 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome! If you need anything, feel free to PM me.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:35 pm
Josh0 says...

Hey, I'm Josh... which is reasonably obvious.

I'm just kind of looking around so if I do something stupid, it's not my fault.

I've been writing the same book for a couple of years now and it wasn't untill recently that I heard it being read out loud by this program, and it sounded really bad. Maybe beacuse of the accent, or whatever, so I decided I needed some other opinions... so I came here. Found it, whatever
Um... help?

1272 Reviews

Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:46 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

To help avoid silly mistakes, check out the rules.

If you need anything, PM me.

No one achieves anything alone.
— Leslie Knope