z

Young Writers Society

Salve

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:04 pm
vanturpais says...

'Sup.

Aside from this urge to splurt verba Latine randomly, I like SF & F, particularly high/sword & sorcery fantasy, alternate universes, and futuristic stories. In the real world, robotics, Trek, and being a Latin nerd are my gigs.

Written-wise: I'm a master procrastinator, so I, uh, haven't actually written any stories per say. I get about two chapters in before I get bored, but I happen to have about 30 poems.

Anyways... O_o ...hello.

- vanturpais
I write heavy poetic prose, so bring your machete.

nobody,not even the rain,has so small hands. -- e. e. cummings

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Poor Imp says...

Hey Vanturpais! I'm Imp...welcome to YWS.

I understand the latin-thing entirely...though I tend to slip into Spanish and Italian more than Latin. Not that that is terribly relevant.

vanturpais wrote:Written-wise: I'm a master procrastinator, so I, uh, haven't actually written any stories per say. I get about two chapters in before I get bored, but I happen to have about 30 poems.

Anyhow, you're probably among good company there - I know I have the bad habit of fading after a few pages...chapters...^_^"

But aside from all that - I hope to see your stuff posted! ^_^ If you've got any pressing questions, feel free to check the FAQ, or PM me...or PM mods...or any of those useful suggestions.

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:09 am
Areida says...

Lovin' the fact that you greeted us in Latin... Latin rocks my socks.

So, like Imp said, if you've got any questions or need any help, feel free to PM me directly, or any of the other mods or admins. Hope you enjoy the YWS! :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:27 pm
Addie says...

Latin is awesome! Oh, and Latin is not nerdish, it is scholarly. As my Latin teacher loves to remind us, "Latin is the language of the scholars."

You are not a total procrastinator since you are continuing to work at your stories. I gave up fiction a while back. Now I stick to essays and stuff.

Welcome to YWS! I'm glad you're here. Oh, and just so you know, the weirdo who is known as Areida is related to me. She relies on me to help her survive throughout the day. If I weren't there for her, she would probably fall into a man hole or something.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.
Joseph Stalin (1879 - 1953)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon May 01, 2006 10:12 am
Myth says...

vanturpais wrote:I like SF & F, particularly high/sword & sorcery fantasy, alternate universes, and futuristic stories. In the real world, robotics, Trek, and being a Latin nerd are my gigs.

I get about two chapters in before I get bored.

Same as me! :D

Welcome, I'm Doe and I hope you like the site as much as I do.

Reviews: 0
Sun May 07, 2006 5:03 pm
thinklikegod says...

That's cute, vartinpais?? Did I get it right?? Oh... I think i didn't. Sorry...

Anyways, that username is cute. Where'd you get it? I;m curious. No. Actually, I'm thinklikegod. Er...Okay. I hope you find this site cool. Czo I find it sooooooooooooooo cool!

Rock on!

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed May 10, 2006 12:23 am
smaur says...

Dude. Quoting Latin instantly earns you brownie points.

Also >> which Trek?

On an ungeeky(ish) note: welcome to YWS. :)
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Wed May 10, 2006 11:11 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Yay, latin, brownie points indeed. Welcome m'dear to YWS. Procrastinators unite! If you have any questions feel free to PM me with anything.

and as the lovely smaur said: Which Trek?

Cheerios, CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Thu May 11, 2006 3:33 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I'm a master procrastinator, so I, uh, haven't actually written any stories per say. I get about two chapters in before I get bored, but I happen to have about 30 poems.

Same here. I couldn't complete a work to save my life.

Post some of your poems. :P

And welcome!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu May 11, 2006 10:10 pm
Lovekills_period says...

Hey. Cool. I've always wanted to learn Latin. They don't offer it at my public school like they do at some. There isn't enough budget nowadays... so I took 5 years of Spanish, the daughter of Latin, instead. Looking forward to reading some of your poetry.
Yuri (to Lara): "I wish, I wish I could live two lives. My own, and to see you well and happy. To know you weren't in need of anything. I'm sure you'll find someone you could be happy with. Of course then I'd want to knock his teeth out."

--from Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat May 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Mirage says...

I have just the same problem you have... I start these stories before I decide I don't like 'em and then I get bored and leave them to sit in My Documents for my personal enjoyment when I decide to look back on past works. It is a disease isn't it... :wink:
My weekly word of the week is... prestige!

♥ Mirage ♥

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare