Elliot Yamin
29%
Paris Bennet
No votes

Total votes : 7

Reviews: 4
Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:42 am
McPheever says...

Okay, this is my first post, and I really don't want to sound like a total dweeb, so I guess I'll just tell everyone a few interesting things about myself.

First off...I'm a huge American Idol fan. Though have never really been one before this season. My favorite idol...as if you couldn't tell, is Katharine McPhee AKA McMuffin(praise the lord and pass the butter!)^_^. I love her voice, and those awesome sultry performances.

Do any of you have a favorite Idol?

But okay....I'm starting to ramble^_^.

Let's see, I love to read, and write. But I admit I get very lackadaisical, and unenthusiastic sometimes. This isn't good :oops: I know...because I know writing has to be honed. It's a skill, and not one that comes hitting you across the face in a bout of inspiration.

So I guess I'm mainly here to just hone my craft, and my hobby.

I hope you guys will enjoy my future writings.....and I hope you'll be nice-_^!

So a big hey, and a bigger GOOD night!

:)
() () "Help me conquer the world"
(*;*) "Okay....pretty please!?"
<(__)> VOTE for Katharine McPhee. The next American Idol.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:52 am
Poor Imp says...

Welcome to YWS, McPheever! (...I love the screename.) ^_^

Ah, I didn't vote on the poll, I'm afraid - I've never actually seen American Idol...and I don't know any of the names. Anyhow, I'm Imp. I get lackadaisical myself rather too often (probably many of us around here do...) so you're in good and familiar company. ^_^ But we also have rabid critiquers...everyone gets contructive comments on writing.

What do you like writing then? Prose or poetry? Certain genre?

...All right, I won't ramble either. ^_~

Welcome and hope to see your writing around (languid, lackadaisically or no). (Any questions, there's the FAQ. Or feel free to PM various and sundry other YWS members.)

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:53 am
Rei says...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! American Idol fan! SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(just kidding)
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:02 am
McPheever says...

Poor_Imp wrote:Welcome to YWS, McPheever! (...I love the screename.) ^_^

Ah, I didn't vote on the poll, I'm afraid - I've never actually seen American Idol...and I don't know any of the names. Anyhow, I'm Imp. I get lackadaisical myself rather too often (probably many of us around here do...) so you're in good and familiar company. ^_^ But we also have rabid critiquers...everyone gets contructive comments on writing.

What do you like writing then? Prose or poetry? Certain genre?

...All right, I won't ramble either. ^_~

Welcome and hope to see your writing around (languid, lackadaisically or no). (Any questions, there's the FAQ. Or feel free to PM various and sundry other YWS members.)

IMP

Hey^_^, to answer your question.

Let's see, my main niche I would have to say is Fantasy. I'm a fiction nut, and may sometimes write horror pieces too, but Fantasy is my (baby).

I'd love for people to honestly critique my work, and I enjoy critiquing others. It's gonna be a blast I hope :wink:

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:10 am
Rei says...

Then you have certainly come to the right place. We're all honest, sometimes brutally so.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:54 am
Poor Imp says...

Reichieru wrote:Then you have certainly come to the right place. We're all honest, sometimes brutally so.

...Ahem. Yes...sometimes. @_@''

But fantasy!...good niche. ^_^

(I suppose your screename must be from...the McPhee in your signature? Now that's an interesting surname. ^_^)
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:09 am
Torpid says...

if u like fNTASY, may i diret you to the lounge, and then contests and then my fantasy fic. one??

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:11 am
Torpid says...

forum/viewforum.php?f=38 theres ure link to the contest, enter and u could win 35hundred points. awesome huh?

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:59 am
Bobo says...

Imp, McPheever explained where the screen name came from in the first post! Silly girl :P

Anywoo, I have to say that I haven't seen AI this year, but I've seen it the last few years. I can't quite remember which contestants I liked, except that most of them were more Pop than I liked, and the few alternative Idol contestants tended to be harder or older rockers than my style. Anyway, I liked Kelly Clarkson while she was competing, but now she's just going down hill in my opinion.

In any case, welcome welcome welcome to YWS and feel free to PM me or any other members of the Big Brother moderators group if you have questions.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:40 am
Crysi says...

Welcome!

Not much I can say that others haven't... I look forward to seeing your work! :) I have to say I like all the remaining contestants, actually. I think they all have talent and all have a shot at winning.

So... see you around! :)

Oh, and I'll take care of that double post for ya. ;)
Love and Light

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:32 pm
McPheever says...

Oh Thank you very much Crysi for deleting my double post :D .

I had clicked on submit two times, because I thought it had locked up on me^_^.

And I'll be sure to check out that fantasy contest.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:23 pm
Firestarter says...

Welcome to the site! My name's Jack.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:48 am
Myth says...

Welcome to the site, McPheever! I'm Doe and I also prefer to write fantasy. Hope you like the site. :smt006

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Welcome to the site. I don't watch American Idol really, but my dad and I saw a few of the beginning episodes and we're both rooting for Elliot Yamin. Not that I actually think he'll make it to the top (he just doesn't seem like someone that they would give it to), but I'd love to see him get runner up.

Anyways. Welcome to the site! I'm a fantasy writer myself and I'm looking forward to seeing your work.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:30 pm
McPheever says...

^_^

Thank you very much for the warm welcomes.

And I'll be sure to post "something" up.

No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf