z

Young Writers Society

Another newbie zooming in...

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:18 pm
Wiggy says...

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself! I'm Mary and I absolutely LOVE to write. My fav type of fiction is historical fiction...g2g mom's calling! lol Post more later.

Mary :wink:

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:19 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Mary, welcome to the site. I'm Jack.

I love historical fiction, absolutely love it. It's my favourite type of fiction and the one I write the most too! So it'd be really cool if you'd written some for it. I'd love to read whatever you post. There's quite a few others on here that like reading it too ... fishr, Mesh, Crysi ... to name a few, so you'll find yourself in good company. Hope you have fun on the boards!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:25 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Sounds like you came a good time, Mary. Not too long ago we added a whole board for Historical Fiction.

I'm Dusky. I'm sure I'll see you around. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

402 Reviews

Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:39 pm
Wiggy says...

Hi all! lol to continue what I said, I'm homeschooled and I'm 14. My fav book is Arms of Love. Actually I love Gone with the Wind and its sequel Scarlett too. I LOVE Jane Austen (still reading her books) and I've also fallen in love with the Count of Monte Cristo and all of Alexandre Dumas' books basically! Yeah, I love to read and write. I also play softball (starting tomorrow!) and love sports. Nice to meet y'all!

402 Reviews

Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:40 pm
Wiggy says...

Thanks Firestarter and Dusky! It's nice to have some fellow writers! lol See ya around!

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:24 am
Poor Imp says...

writingluver5 wrote:Hi all! lol to continue what I said, I'm homeschooled and I'm 14. My fav book is Arms of Love. Actually I love Gone with the Wind and its sequel Scarlett too. I LOVE Jane Austen (still reading her books) and I've also fallen in love with the Count of Monte Cristo and all of Alexandre Dumas' books basically! Yeah, I love to read and write. I also play softball (starting tomorrow!) and love sports. Nice to meet y'all!

The Count of Monte Cristo was brilliant; I loved that book...even reread most despite the length. But I have to love Dumas - fencing! Rapier and sabre...

Ah, anyhow - I'll add my welcome to Jack's and Dusky's - I hope to see your writing around. We haven't got a whole lot of historical fiction (though some very good pieces in small numbers - read Jack's. :wink: )

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:55 am
Myth says...

Welcome Mary!

I'm Doe and I mostly write fantasy but I do sometimes like to write historical fiction.

I'm not a Jane Austen fan but I loved The Count of Monte Cristo, the book and the movie version.

Hope to see you around the boards soon.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson