z

Young Writers Society

Two days late...

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:14 pm
_fallingstar_ says...

Hi! I'm _fallingstar_. Technically, I joined the site about two days ago, but here I am anyway! ^_^

Okay, the real reason that I'm here is because I feel alone. I posted a fanfiction and about five people viewed it but... No one is reviewing. Is that because it's bad? Or too long? Did I offend someone by writing about Sprited Away? Or am I just being paranoid?

Anyway... It would be nice if I could get a reviewer. I use fanfiction to sharpen my writing skills before I work on my orignial stuff, so catching mistakes now will help me later. Anyone?

*feels she sounds like such a n00b by asking for reviewers*
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:43 pm
emotion_less says...

Hey! Welcome to the site. Don't worry- people will review. It takes about a day (sometimes less, sometimes more, depends on timing) to get a review. But I'll read it, especially since I read the first line and I have seen Spirited Away :). Anyway, hope you like it here!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:15 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Don't worry about reviewers. It just happens that you posted on the week of several midterms. This probably is affecting other members.

I admire Miyazaki's work, not simply for the artistic qualities, but the storytelling qualities. If you learn to tell a story like Miyazaki, then you have it made.

So, when I look at it, I'll be checking your ability to plant images in my head.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:32 pm
zell says...

it really doesn't matter about reveiwers peple can't really look at all the posts people have made and i'm sure its fine
i really like spirted away but i don't mind if any takes the mick cause i don't care and its your own opion
by the way welcome to the site i hope you enjoy it like i do alot

ps: if i have offended you in any way please let me know i panic alot

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

zell wrote:it really doesn't matter about reveiwers peple can't really look at all the posts people have made and i'm sure its fine
i really like spirted away but i don't mind if any takes the mick cause i don't care and its your own opion
by the way welcome to the site i hope you enjoy it like i do alot

ps: if i have offended you in any way please let me know i panic alot

ZELL! GRAMMAR, CAPITALIZATION, AND SPELLING!

*bashes him with the writer's club.*

Don't worry about it star, you seem capable of writing a sentence.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:52 pm
_fallingstar_ says...

Thank you, you guys! :D
Sorry if I sounded a little desperate... Half of the fun of writing for me is to have people enjoy my work. When I saw the hits but no reviews, I felt sad. Thanks for letting me know, I feel much better now!
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:43 pm
Poor Imp says...

Hey Fallingstar. Welcome (a few days late :wink: ).

I read most of your fanfic - and enjoyed it. I'll try to post a comment later - I didn't have time when I read. (I liked the interaction between Chihiro and the boy - good for the characters.)

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:48 pm
smaur says...

Hey, fallingstar — welcome to YWS.

Like Poor Imp, I've read your story, but haven't managed to comment yet. I'm behind on my critiques (I have three or four lying around unfinished) so as soon as I get them done, I'll try to comment. :D

Anyway ... hi!
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:26 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Hey, fallingstar.

The Fanfiction section is fairly new around here, and I haven't yet found my way into it. I've seen Spirited Away however, so I'll probably go check it out sometime in here.

Don't get discouraged if you don't get reviews right away, though. Sometimes we're just a little slow in responding to these things (especially around the end of the school year), but we get to them eventually.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:24 pm
Kay Kay says...

Hey welcome to YWS a few days late! Feel free to PM me anytime!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
— Mark Twain