z

Young Writers Society

Hello, new!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:13 am
volleychik992 says...

I have been writing for fun since I was tiny, maybe four of five years old, because I learned to read before kindergarten. I am working on a peice of historical fiction set in Paris in the 1920s... a very hard time period to research, let me tell you! :D Well, just wanted to introduce myself, 'bye!
"A people without history is like wind in the buffalo grass."

-Sioux Proverb

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:15 pm
Poor Imp says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS...sounds like you've already some interesting things to post - I look forward to seeing them.

Er...any questions, mods are helpful and all that. Learned to read before kindergarten? Oy - you've got a head start on me. I didn't like to read 'til I was nine...and I've been catching up ever since.

Anyhow, welcome again. Any questions, feel free to PM, mods or check the FAQ and all that. (It rhymes!)

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:30 pm
Areida says...

Before kindergarten? Cool... I can't remember when I learned. I think I was getting going at four, but I'm so hopelessly non-athletic that I always figured it was an even trade-off.

That really does seem like a tough period in history to research, but good luck with your story! See you around. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:36 am
Emma says...

Hello, welcome to the site. =]

I hope you enjoy your stay, and we would all love to see some of your work. Nice to meet you.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:49 pm
Kay Kay says...

Hey welcome to YWS!! I started learning before I was in kindergarden too. Can't wait to read your stuff!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost