z

Young Writers Society

Yet another newbie!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:40 pm
Sammi D says...

Hi everyone! My name's Sammi; I'm sixteen years old and a brand new member to this website, though no where near a newbie to writing.

I've been writing since I was little, but it was only a few years ago that I began to think as highly of it as I do today. I began with Harry Potter fanfiction for a year or two, but since then, have moved on to original work. Fantasy prose and poetry of all sorts are my favorite genres to write, and I hope to become an accomplished writer one day, as many probably do. ;)

I found the link to this website in Writer's Digest magazine, and I must say I love it so far! I can't wait to read/review the works of those on this site, and post some of my own works in the very near future.

Great site!

-Sam
"I guess you didn't know it but I'm a fiddle player, too. And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll
make a bet with you."

- Charlie Daniel's Band, The Devil Went Down to Georgia

[Avatar Credit: DoubleTrouble__ on Livejournal.com]

- Sammi D -

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:45 pm
Poor Imp says...

Hey! ...Welcome then - Writer's Digest has started a flood!

Anyhow, 'hope to see your stuff posted and all that. (I sort of started out fanfiction-wise also. ^_^'') If you've got any questions, the mods are always helpful...and most of the all and sundry remainder are as well.

SO welcome! ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

9 Reviews

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:04 pm
Sammi D says...

Thank you! ^-^ Also fun to see another writer who sort of began with fanfiction as well, hehe.
"I guess you didn't know it but I'm a fiddle player, too. And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll
make a bet with you."

- Sammi D -

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:44 pm
k3pt says...

Hi!

I'm fairly new to YWS as well (I've been here for a little over a week). I hope to see some of your writing around.

I'm sure you'll like it here, it's a wonderfully addicting site. :P

9 Reviews

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:34 pm
Sammi D says...

*Waves* Hi!

Wonderfully addicting is just what I'm looking for. So yay!

Hope to see you around the forums and such. ^_^
make a bet with you."

- Sammi D -

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:36 pm
smaur says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS. Writer's Digest has spawned a whole new generation of us, hasn't it?

Um. There's a fanfic forum if you're still into that sort of thing. It's fairly new, and we'd all feed you cookies and cake (okay, I'd feed you cookies and cake) if you posted some stuff.

See you around!
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

9 Reviews

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:44 pm
Sammi D says...

Cake and cookies? Hmm, that sounds like a good offer. :P

I'll definitely go post some of my older fanfiction up there for any Harry Potter fans out there. Thanks for the welcome!
make a bet with you."

- Sammi D -

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:16 pm
Firestarter says...

Welcome Sammi: it does seem like Writer's Digest is attracting a lot of new members :)

Hmm, you're fanfiction would be fun to read, and anything else you post! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact me or any other member of Big Brother (moderators and admins) with questions. Otherwiser, there are FAQs and Rules available for reference. If you PM any member, most would respond positively too. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:27 pm
Areida says...

Hey Sammi, welcome to the YWS! I'm Areida, but you can call me Ari if you like. If you need any help feel free to PM me or any of the other mods or admins.

See you around! :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:05 pm
Teufelshund says...

Hello, welcome to the YWS.
Semper Fidelis

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. "

-Jean-Paul Sartre

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:58 pm
Kay Kay says...

Hey welcome to YWS!! Feel free to PM or email me about anything.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

Love is so short, forgetting is so long.
— Pablo Neruda