z

Young Writers Society

Hey everyone! :)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:36 pm
Lizzybethrae says...

:D Roll out the red carpet, Lizzy has arrived!

Oh, come on? Don't you know who I am? :?

Well I guess not. Seeing as how I'm nobody special at all. Nothing extraordinary, special, interesting, unique about me I guess, so I suppose that red carpet you obviously went and got for me isn't going to be put to any appropriate use and the rounds of applause you're all obviously doling out right now are for nobody too great. So you can stop. Thanks. :roll:

Okay, so some average things about me. I heard about this site from my Writer's Digest magazine. Good stuff, good advice. I especially like the stuff they give you about improving your writing. Let's see...I'm a huge fan of CSI, and thus my writing 'hobby' took off. (Boy, I hate that...it's not a hobby! It's...well they haven't invented a better word yet, so hobby will have to do...) I write loads of CSI fanfiction and am currently writing the second in a parody series and a rewrite to my first chapter fanfiction.

My writing partners include my friends Caleb, Maria, and Waffle (aka Sara from New Hampshire).

Caleb: He is the man that makes it happen. He watches CSI like I do and knows the characters inside and out, what they would and wouldn't do etcetera. He's the one I go to first thing. He goes over what I write, tells me what I should fix, what doesn't sound right, that sort of stuff. And he's not afraid of hurting my feelings by laying down the law and telling me what I did wrong. But he doesn't stop at CSI. I've written a short story or two and he does fine looking those over for me too.

Maria: After I fix what Caleb said I should, I send it off to Maria who is the Grammar Goddess. Now my grammar, spelling, punctuation is pretty good, and when I finish writing I go over it again to see if I can catch anything myself, but she really edits. She catches almost everything I mess up. And she actually knows how to use semi-colons. :lol:

Waffle: She is my own personal head-inflater. When I go online at the end of a hard day of being criticized by Caleb and Maria, Waffle beats them all with her compliments about what I write. She's like an automatic review maker. Press a button, a compliment comes out. Press the button again, here comes another compliment. She just doesn't stop! And she is what keeps me writing.

I live in Wisconsin with the cheeseheads and crazed Packer fans. I have a doggy (Toby) a kitty (Oliver) and a foster kitty (Francis :lots_hearts: ). My pets include my sister (12, almost 13) and my brother (6).

So I guess that's the average me. No, really, you can stop clapping. :D

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:45 pm
Poor Imp says...

:lol: You are a writer, no doubt about it - paragraphs for introduction!

Anyhow, welcome to YWS. I'm Imp. (There's this shpiel the welcomers are s'posed go...) You can check the FAQ for normal questions, and you can always PM a mod!

So, do you only write fanfic? I couldn't quite tell. (The applause in the background was deafening. :wink: )
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:54 pm
Sophie says...

Hi, I'm Sophi...... Um..... Welcome!
Oh the trees!
Take me back to London please!!!

5 Reviews

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:58 pm
Lizzybethrae says...

Well yes, it's what I write mostly, although I am trying to come up with some original stuff. I've written one original short story, which I don't like very much now, but am attempting to fix. I wrote it in 8th grade. Seems like forever ago, even though it was last year. But in even in just a year I can see a humongous amount of change and improvement in what I've written...

I'm rewriting this one fanfiction I wrote about Sara Sidle from CSI. It wrote CHAPTERS about her life before the show, and now that I look back on it exactly a year later I know I can write a whole lot better than that. So that's what I'm mainly working on right now.

I'm also planning this series (CSI, again, not original...) that's basically this giant parody about vegetables and they're adverse affects on people such as constipation when you eat them with too much cheese, gas, turning orange, and accidentally eating illegal mushrooms that cause you to hallucinate. It also incorporates new characters based on some people I know and myself. I've hit a minor bump in the road and haven't written anything for it in weeks...probably should do that, since it's Waffle's favorite...

My proudest work is a 118 page chapter fanfic about some of the CSI's (I do not have an obsession! Stop looking at me that way!) getting stuck on an island. I had over 500 people reading it, over 200 reviews, and months after finishing it I'm still getting reviews and compliments. I'll probably post that on here with some editings. My LA teacher read it and gave me some really good suggestions, but even she loved it and said she could never write anything like it.

459 Reviews

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:07 pm
Poor Imp says...

Wow. That's great. You're not on fanfiction.net by any chance, are you? I wouldn't know - I don't really watch or read much about CSI...

Anyways, you've come just in time- Nate, our admin here, just added a fanfiction forum. :D

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

5 Reviews

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:13 pm
Lizzybethrae says...

That's where I posted the story!

www.fanfiction.net/~lizzysidle

:D You can find everything I've written, good and bad, under my profile there. The only thing I'm fully and completely satisfied with there though is the first in my parody series. :lol: I guess I am lucky. I probably wouldn't be on here as much if there wasn't anything for fanfiction. But I suppose I should be leaning more towards original if I ever want to write an actual book. :roll:

459 Reviews

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:23 pm
Poor Imp says...

Lizzy wrote:But I suppose I should be leaning more towards original if I ever want to write an actual book.

Ah well...I had sort of a fanfiction phase too. It is (or can be) a good way to get used to writing, to get comfortable - before you have to start worrying about your own characters so much, or picking out entirely new plots... I used to write Harry Potter parodies, anyhow - and Sherlock Holmes.

I'll have to pop over to ff.n though, to see your stuff. :D

-Lloyd Alexander

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:35 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome m'dear! I heart CSI. :D

Since it seems your thang is fanfiction we do have a new forum for it specifically.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or any of Big Brother (mods or admins)... mods are the best best as there are more of them and such.

(Where's Princess Ari? Oh, well. She will welcome you no doubt, some time. She is very helpful. :wink: )

ciao. CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

5 Reviews

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:45 pm
Lizzybethrae says...

:o You do? Well, that's peachy. :D I now know I'm not alone. Well, I knew that originally since CSI is the most watched show on television, but I now know I'm not alone on the forum...

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:29 pm
Ego says...

Fanfiction, huh? Interesting; I always wanted to try my hand at it, but never got around to it. :)

Welcome, LizzyBeth! That's...like...three Lizzes now?

Anyway, welcome--I'm Dono/Hunter/Phoenix/Quiz; yeah, I'm not as much of a newb as my post count suggests XD
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:46 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I like watching CSI, got to love the science content.

Anyways, welcome to YWS. I want to direct your attention to our fan-fiction forum, which is currently under-utilized.

See you around!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

5 Reviews

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:52 pm
Lizzybethrae says...

Under-utilized, huh? :twisted: Muhahahaha...not for long...

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:19 pm
Shine says...

Welcome to yws!!

Hi this is sayani.

I guess this is the perfect site for u and u are already having fun here. :)

Ok,see u around. :wink:
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:42 pm
smaur says...

Yay! A fellow fanficcer. My world is complete. I haven't seen as much of CSI as a television junkie probably should, but I love every episode I've watched so far.

Welcome to YWS. Watch the cookies; they're mine.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:30 pm
Areida says...

I'll fight you for 'em, smaur. :twisted: *gnaws on raw cookie dough*

But anyway, enough with my cookie obsession. Welcome, Lizzie! I'm the aforementioned Princess Ari (only place I get to be a princess is on the YWS and I'm lovin' it ;)).

You heard about the site from Writer's Digest? Really? I'll have to look in it. I get that magazine but I've never seen any YWS stuff in there. How very eenteresting.

Anyway, I'm Areida, or Ari, or Da, or 'Reida, depending on who you ask, and please feel free to PM me or any of the other mods or admins if you have any questions or need help finding your way around. Great to have you! :D

EDIT: Holy crackers and cheese, I just realized I spelled your name wrong! Now I'm going to have to chop off my head. Great. Just great. Actually, it just annoys me when people spell names wrong. People are always spelling my real name wrong, and then online a lot of people switch the 'e' and the 'i' in Areida. I know it's 'i' before 'e' but in Areida it's 'e' before 'i'! Grrr. But enough rambling from me.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

I could literally be Obama and you guys would never know.
— AilahEvelynMae