z

Young Writers Society

z0mg!11!! So. Im lyk, a n00b n stuff, rite?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:37 am
k3pt says...

Apparently, I'm new.

And I don't excel at the whole "introducing myself" thing, but I found it inconsiderate not to do so, and inconsiderate all the same to do so with arrogance and conceit. Therefore, I figured a generic hello would suffice for now:

Hello.

It's nice meeting everyone.

:D

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:42 am
Poor Imp says...

Hey! ...I like your subject - 'lyk a noob' . :lol:

Anyhow, intros are always weird...sometimes awkward. If you've got questions, all the mods are helpful - and the FAQ always works as well. But mostly, things turn up pretty self-evident.

So, nice to have you here at YWS, k3pt. I'm Imp, by the way. That's about it.

What sort of things do you like writing?
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:32 am
k3pt says...

'Lo, imp. Nice to meet you. :D

I write quite a bit of everything, I guess. I just recently starting getting into short stories, because my attention span for the continuous stories has dwindled (other things are more of a priority, right now).

My style of writing is very changeable depending upon my disposition at the time. Given the mood and time of day, I might write something that appears to be ingenius, and later something that's awful. I'll hear people say things like: "You wrote this? And then this?"

So I try to take my better poetry, songs, stories, essays, and put them in a drawer (seperated by sections, of course, I have this perfectionistic demeanor) and my not-so-good pieces and put them in another drawer. Later, I take my not-so-good material, and compare it to any of my better pieces surrounding the same basic subject, and figure out why my better pieces are 'better'. And then I adapt my not-so-good writing until it becomes part of the better writing. And I continue the cycle thus so that nothing goes to waste. I haven't wasted time. Haha. Make sense? Yeah, I doubt it...

...But I learn to grow as a writer that way. That's important.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:39 am
Poor Imp says...

k3pt wrote:'Lo, imp. Nice to meet you. :D

I write quite a bit of everything, I guess. I just recently starting getting into short stories, because my attention span for the continuous stories has dwindled (other things are more of a priority, right now).

My style of writing is very changeable depending upon my disposition at the time. Given the mood and time of day, I might write something that appears to be ingenius, and later something that's awful. I'll hear people say things like: "You wrote this? And then this?"

So I try to take my better poetry, songs, stories, essays, and put them in a drawer (seperated by sections, of course, I have this perfectionistic demeanor) and my not-so-good pieces and put them in another drawer. Later, I take my not-so-good material, and compare it to any of my better pieces surrounding the same basic subject, and figure out why my better pieces are 'better'. And then I adapt my not-so-good writing until it becomes part of the better writing. And I continue the cycle thus so that nothing goes to waste. I haven't wasted time. Haha. Make sense? Yeah, I doubt it...

...But I learn to grow as a writer that way. That's important.

Oy, it sounds so ordered and neat; makes perfect sense. I'm afraid I probably practice the polar opposite, in that everything is dumped in the same place, same notebooks, and I'm always losing the good pieces or forgetting... ^_^'' Anyhow, I know what you mean with the "...Wrote this? and then THIS?"

But hey - you just wrote a flawless intro! No better way on a writing site than to explain writing habits. Now I'm looking forward to reading your writing. I'll have to head off to see if you've posted anything...(before the mods pop-up to move this writing discussion to another forum too)-
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:57 am
Jiggity says...

mmhmm, Im reading your story as we speak. I think its awesome that you've posted a story so soon after joining.

Welcome to YWS, k3pt. I love your avatar, btw.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:01 am
Myth says...

Welcome to YWS k3pt, I'm Doe and I usually write novels and short stories.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:06 pm
Shine says...

Welcome!Welcome!to yws :)

Hi this is sayani.
Your avatar is quite different.

Its nice to meet u too. :wink:
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:38 pm
View Likes
Misty says...

haha...I think I read something of yours. A poem, perhaps? Idk...I'll have to go check it out now.

As far as your writing strategies go...Brilliant! I would do that too, if only I could organize my cluttered drawers....I have everything I've ever written in a massive stack, crammed in one larger drawer.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:35 pm
Areida says...

First I gotta say, I love your signature, and I adore your avatar. Penguins and llamas = sexiness... just... wow... Especially if it's Kuzco and the Madagascar penguins. :twisted:

But enough of my hyperness. I'm Areida, sometimes called Ari. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need anything. I've heard you're quite the writer, so I'll have to check out something you've written sometime. Glad to have you! :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:37 pm
Elizabeth says...

For a second I aws about to say WTF type of title is this? I'm not reading it. But it intregued and annoyed me.
welcome?

---Liz

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:50 am
Snoink says...

Yay! You can write other things besides 1337!

No... seriously, at first the title scared me. But, hey! You're a pretty decent writer. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:19 am
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Welcome, you interesting subject title writer, you...
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:40 pm
Kay Kay says...

Welcome to YWS!!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:14 am
zell says...

hello k3pt welcome to yws hope you enjoy it

Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.
— Welcome to Night Vale