z

Young Writers Society

marhaba!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:04 pm
Khayriyyah says...

hello. i am karidya, immigrant and proud muslim woman. i think here will help me start to understand westerners much better than i do now. thank you for welcoming me.

~assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh~may the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you~

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:11 pm
Poor Imp says...

Hey Khayriyyah! (Oy, quite a name to type. ^_^'') Welcome to YWS. I'm glad you've joined. It'll be great to have your point of view...I only know one Muslim, out of all my friends and acquaintances.

Out of curiosity, where are you from?

...And if you've got any questions, feel free to private message me...or any of the helpful mods around here.

Welcome again. ^_^
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:53 am
View Likes
Black Ghost says...

Marhaba! Kefeek? Ana men Lebnan. Men wen enteh?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:04 am
Areida says...

Hey, welcome to the YWS! Your name is very beautiful, but quite a mouthful. May I call you Ky? I think I could remember that. I hope so, at least.

I'm Areida, but you can call me Ari, or 'Reida, or Da, or really whatever strikes your fancy. Those are just some of my nicknames. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to PM me or another member of Big Brother (our moderators and administrators) and we'll help you out. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:51 am
deleted6 says...

Welcome Ky too the YWS i'm Lord Fontroy, Fontroy or Troy. I'm the Knight of YWS so i welcome thee.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:07 am
Snoink says...

Welcome! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:22 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Khayriyyah wrote:hello. i am karidya, immigrant and proud muslim woman. i think here will help me start to understand westerners much better than i do now. thank you for welcoming me.

You are most welcome.

I don't see many muslim writers on the site, so I'm kind of curious as to what sort of differences that your writing style has in comparison to "western" writing styles.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me or any of the other moderators for help. The PM system is quite effective for this.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:41 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome Khayriyyah! :D
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:55 am
Zion says...

ahoy there! :D welcome to YWS :D
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:04 pm
Myth says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:
Khayriyyah wrote:hello. i am karidya, immigrant and proud muslim woman. i think here will help me start to understand westerners much better than i do now. thank you for welcoming me.

You are most welcome.

I don't see many muslim writers on the site, so I'm kind of curious as to what sort of differences that your writing style has in comparison to "western" writing styles.

I actually happen to be a Muslim but I didn't really point that out before.

Welcome Khayriyyah, the site is very easy to navigate around and you can always ask people for help if you're stuck. :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:39 pm
-KayJuran- says...

welcome karidya! cool name :wink:

um i hope i get this right...

assulam aleikum!!

hehe my friend taught me... :P
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:34 am
Black Ghost says...

that's pretty good I think that's how you spell it.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:49 am
musicroxslife says...

Welcome I just joined a few days ago my self.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:30 am
sabradan says...

Asalaamu Alaikum, Kyariyyah. (Is that right?)

Welcome! I am (sorta) an immigrant. More of a foreigner living in another country.
I'm sabradan, most people just call me Sab or Dan. You can too, which ever you prefer.
Where are you from? I'm from Israel. And, as MagicMan said, hes from Lebanon, so we have a few middle-easterners here.

Anyway, enough rambling. Welcome to the site!
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone