z

Young Writers Society

Ciao...I am (possibly guessed?) new here.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:40 pm
Poor Imp says...

I've nothing much to say, except what I've already said... Yes, I'm new; I write. And I don't answer questions I'm not asked...so I never write much in introductions. :roll:

SO hello! ...
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:47 pm
Firestarter says...

Heya, welcome to the site. I'm glad you write ... this might be the right site for you (maybe)! :wink:

I'm an Admin and member of Big Brother (group who runs and checks the site) so if you need any help just PM me or anyone else who is part of that group. Read the FAQ if you're stuck as well. For other helpful information, there's the YWS Columns forum.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

459 Reviews

Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:50 pm
Poor Imp says...

Big Brother? :shock: ...'tis a frightening thought. :wink:

Thanks for the welcome. ...The atmosphere is amazingly even and pleasant.

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:01 pm
Swires says...

Welcome to the site, Im just a newish member, need any help ill happily answer questions.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

459 Reviews

Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:11 pm
Poor Imp says...

Thanks, Adam. :D

-Lloyd Alexander

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:59 pm
Areida says...

Oh yea... Big Brother's watching. :twisted: (which is especially scary considering some of the people in it, lol)

Anyway, I'm Areida, but you can call me Ari if you want. Like Jack (Firestarter) said, feel free to PM me or any other mods or admins if you need any help at all. See you around the site!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:52 pm
*Twilight* says...

Welcome to the YWS! I have a welcoming committee of elephants that are very eager to meet you!
:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
I know.....I'm weird.
I hope to see you around and I really hope to see some of your work very soon. :D
P.S. I like your avatar I used to have one kind of like it except mine were using light sabers.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

459 Reviews

Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:18 pm
Poor Imp says...

*Twilight* wrote:P.S. I like your avatar I used to have one kind of like it except mine were using light sabers.

I've seen the lightsabers, I think...but being a foilist myself...well, I prefer the foil. :D

Thanks for welcoming...perhaps I'll get to posting something of my writing in the next few days, and the YWS community can critique it mercilessly. :twisted: :wink:

-Lloyd Alexander

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:54 pm
*Twilight* says...

So you are a fencer? Cool!
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:23 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Welcome!

I am Dusky, and like Ari and Firestarter I am a member of Big Brother. (Yes, Ari... it is scary!)

I hope that you enjoy the site. I'll see you around. Just ask if you need anything.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

459 Reviews

Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:09 pm
Poor Imp says...

*Twilight* wrote:So you are a fencer? Cool!

Yep. You don't, by any chance, know if any other members about here are fencers as well?... Not that it matters. Always fun though to run into other swordsmen/women. :wink: ...Only not saberists. :shock: Those people are scary.

-Lloyd Alexander

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:54 am
J. Haux says...

Hey! Novice fencer present! (I want your avatar. :wink:) How long have you been fencing?

Only not saberists. Those people are scary.
They were foilists too, once.
But me? Never fear, I've hardly ever handled a sabre. It was fun, though, when I did... :D I think there's one other person that's a fencer, but I don't remember who it was...I remember reading her About the Author...

Anyway, hello and welcome to YWS. My name's Jacquie. Be forewarned, this site is addicting...because it's a great place.

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

459 Reviews

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:36 am
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

I've been fencing four years - or almost. You say novice - how long have you fenced? I assume foil, and not epee, yes?

They were foilists too, once.

Ah, but foilists who turn to saber have turned to the Dark Side. :wink: Forever will it dominate their destiny.

-Lloyd Alexander

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:40 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I once fenced for three days. Fortunately, I was evenly matched.

Cool stuff!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

459 Reviews

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:44 am
Poor Imp says...

You fenced...for three days? Really - where? Did you take a class?

Pardon my curiosity...not a lot of fencers in California. :cry: And I happen to coach south of LA.

-Lloyd Alexander

The poetry of the earth is never dead.
— John Keats