z

Young Writers Society

uh, hi... i'm new, and...

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:00 pm
simple.plan.freak says...

I just wanted to know if anyone could tell me how to use this site... my friend told me about it, so I signed up, and I don't really know what to do... lol help?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:28 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey, welcome to the site.

I'm Firestarter, one of the adminstrators of the site. There's a FAQ located on the site you can read to help you understand basic queries. Also, please read the Rules to understand how to behave and stuff on the forums.

Basically this site is where you can post your own work and other people will read it for you and help you to improve. To post your own work, just find the write forum (under Literary Forums) and hit New Topic. However, you are also expected to look at other people's stories/poems and help them improve theirs. You are expected to post around two comments on someone else's work for every new thing you post (this is a rough guideline, you should comment more than this really)

There are also forums where you can just talk about random stuff (Randomness) and off-topic things (The Lounge) amongst a range of lots of other forums.

You're best bet is to spoend ten minutes exploring the whole site.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message (you can find that on the menu bar at the top) and I will be happy to help.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:41 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

hey, welcome to the yws, if you have any questions you could aslo ask me as well as probably any other member here.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:52 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Who is your friend?

Anyways, what Firestarter said. The FAQ's and Rules are really informative for you. If these don't answer your questions, just PM a member of Big Brother and we'll help you out. (We're the people with orange and green names).
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:20 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome welcome! Always glad to have new members!

Stay active! Critique! (Unlike me...) And post your work!

Have a GRRRRRRREAT DAY! x3

That was fun...

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:20 am
J. Haux says...

*gasps indignantly* How did you get on???

Sorry, I don't mean to seem upset, but...I've tried at least ten times to get my little sister to have an account and it never works! Ah...I guess I should ask Nate about it.

So, on the contract, did you say you were under thirteen or did you just change your birthdate from the thirteen and above?

But Welcome! I hope Firestarter's explanation helped you.

On the home page, your should see your profile on the right, semi-top corner. From there you can see the new posts made sense you left, or view, or edit your profile. Obviously you know how to post. :wink: Just explore, you'll figure it out. If you're still having trouble, feel free to PM me. My name's Jacquie by the way, and I'm so very happy you're here! :D

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:36 pm
Kay Kay says...

Welcome to YWS!! I'm Kayla and if you ever need a friend pm me.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:57 pm
*Twilight* says...

Welcome!!! My family calls me matthew and my friends call me Matt. And since your a friend you can call me Matt. If you need someone to crit your story just pm me I'd be glad to help. :wink:
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:06 pm
simple.plan.freak says...

hey.. thaks guys... my name's christina... and I really feel welcome here...
Well, I havn't posted any stories yet, but I plan to do so very soon... but the problem is: I don't write regular stories, I write Fanfictions. About my favorite band, Simple Plan, and some other bands. Is it ok if I post stuff like that here?

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:02 pm
*Twilight* says...

Any writing is welcome here :D The main purposes of the site are to: share your work with others,improve your skills,help others improve their skills and have fun.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:05 pm
Duskglimmer says...

hey simple.plan.freak! I'm Dusky!

As far as I know, there is nothing on the site that says you can't post fanfiction, so feel free to post your stories.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:51 am
Shine says...

HI CHRISTINA!This is SAYANI.WELCOME TO THIS WONDERFUL SITE YWS!!In my real life I do have a friend called chritina,so now I have two friends named christina :D .

If you have any questions to ask,do ask me or anyone in this place,cuz everyone here is very helpful :)
See you around :wink:

A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden