z

Young Writers Society

obligatory introductory post

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:07 pm
smaur says...

So, having been a member for half a year now, I had the sudden and brilliant idea of actually, y'know, posting. So here goes. I'm Smaur. I'm also new, if you ignore the fact that I've had an account for almost six months and haven't posted anything. And, because I love lists more than life itself, here's me in a nutshell:

1. I am geekus majorus. I mean, Latin-speaking, glasses-wearing, comicbook-reading nerdy. I can (and have) argued about who would win in a Batman vs. Superman fight (Batman, of course; he's always got Kryptonite with him), I can tell you why Star Trek: TNG is better than Battlestar Galactica (and why both are five hundred times better than Smallville). I can name off the crew of "Firefly" (and their actors), and can probably list of all the episodes of Season One. In order. I've read every book by Neil Gaiman, watched every episode of the aforementioned Star Trek: TNG and am well on my way to polishing off Dead Like Me. I write too much, read too much, watch too much television, and am generally wayyy too geeky for my own good.

2. I like caffeine. (Then again, who doesn't...?) Caffeine is good. And, in a related note, I tend to stay up at ungodly hours writing bad stories and godawful fanfiction.

3. I am violently left-wing, heavily opinionated, feminist, and very argumentative. Mostly. Kind of. I also tend to be horrifically offensive (and heavy on the swearing), especially when ticked off. And for that reason, I shall steer clear of the debates. (Except the Batman vs. Superman ones, of course...)

4. I am lazy like a monkey. Probably worse.

I was on TYWC for a solid three or four years, Poetsquill for about five and a half seconds (blink and you miss it), and have been writing for a long time. A really, really, really long time. There were dinosaurs writing alongside me.

....aaand, that's me in a nutshell, I think.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:11 pm
Ego says...

Glad you decided to join the ranks; I was wondering when you'd decide to post..I saw your join date and was like whaaat?

Good to have ya.

I'm Dono...You would know me 'round here as Phoenix, Hunter, or Quiz...all of which are aliases of mine. I don't go by any of those any more, now I'm just Dono.

Nice to meet you. :)
Last edited by Ego on Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:28 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

It's Smaur! Welcome to YWS!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:43 pm
smaur says...

Phoenix/Dono >> Like I said, I'm lazy like none other. Writing an introductory post seems like a lot of effort when you've spent the better half of two months sleeping. Also, I got sidetracked every time I was about to write an intro post. (Did I mention I was easily distracted? Huh. Apparently not --- well, now you know.)

Nice to meet you, too. :)

Griffinkeeper >> Heyyy. Long (long!) time no see.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:19 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I've been here for about a year. Snoink showed it to me. You'll find it 100 times more active.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:28 pm
Snoink says...

What about the part where you are one of the most AWESOMEST writers I've seen?????????????????????????????

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the writer who inspired me to continue writing. But, what's more than that, she inspired me to critique. There were times on TYWC where I would check out the stories and then find that she critiqued fifteen or thirty of them in a day. And they were good critiques.

Nice to see you around again. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:35 pm
Areida says...

Wow, if Snoink admires you then you've immediately got another fan...

I'm a geek too!! This is very exciting... It's always good to have another geek in our ranks. Latinam cogis! Sed minimus.

Hee. Hee hee. Well, at any rate, great to have you and I'll be looking forward to seeing your work around the site!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
— Stephen King