z

Young Writers Society

Introduction

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:09 pm
sandstone8824 says...

Since I accidentally pressed the "BACK" button on my keyboard and lost my epic, detailed introduction to you all, I'll make this one short.

First I must say that I find this the most organized set of forums ever to appear on the Internet. It is truly amazing. You residents of this site give honest, helpful critiques and also author wonderful works.

My name is David Guinness. I am a string musician, musical composer, video editor, 3d modeler, and amateur writer. I hope to improve this last skill. :lol:

I have a love for fantasy writing, RPGs, some science fiction, and most any normal prose. I find it terribly difficult to write on paper; my thoughts come much more quickly and clearly with a keyboard. My current project is a rough outline for a video game plot (not particularly detailed, but I could use some help ironing out problems), and to develop this plot I plan to write a succession of short chapters for a novelization. I also hope to improve my critiquing skills on this site.

I look forward to meeting this society!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:14 pm
Areida says...

Hey sandstone, welcome to the YWS! I'm Areida, and please feel free to PM me if you need anything. See you around the boards... :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:33 am
J. Haux says...

Hi! My name's Jacquie! Welcome to YWS! I'm a string musician, too.

Hope to see you around! Feel free to PM if you need anything.

~Jacquie~

Just kidding!

Finally you're here. And so's "You-know-who", but the other "You-know-who" didn't want to. (PM my sister...my 'twin' sister to tell her you're here...or I will. I was looking for David Guiness, not sandstone...Why are you 'sandstone'?)

Hi David! I wish I had seen what you put in the epic description...did you mention you were raised by guinea pigs? :wink: You mean the Sir Tindeth one? You never showed me...although *laugh*, I couldn't help you in the plot department, now, could I?

Well, hope to see you around!

~Jacquie~

P.S. *inspiration* You should have J.H. initials! Like...James Haufman, Joonathan Herse, Jerry Helicopter, ( :?: )...No...ah...Hm. David, your name's fine. :D ! But really, do you want me to call you David or Sandstone? Or your unusual nickname? *hums the tune* :lol: Ah...it's too long.

Glad you're here!
Last edited by J. Haux on Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SPEW to You

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:38 am
ladydark says...

WOOOOOHOOOOO ANOTHER NEW MEMBER TO TORMENT..... I mean.... -coughs loudly a few times-

Welcome David! You may call me Lady, or Lady Dark, or whatever! I am the person you want if you want a fun time, if you know what I mean ;), just kidding! just kidding.... -cough-, if you ever need anyone to talk to, or need encouragment, or whatever, PM ME, since I am oh so much better then Jacquie, and she knows it! Hehehe, hope to see you around Mr. G

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

"Foul devil, for God's sake, hence, and trouble us not;
For thou hast made the happy earth thy hell,
Fill'd it with cursing cries and deep exclaims." (Richard III 1.2) Shakespeare

173 Reviews

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:42 am
J. Haux says...

Is there a way to delete other people's posts? :wink:

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

80 Reviews

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:43 am
ladydark says...

-gasp- are you threatening to delete MY post?
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

173 Reviews

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:52 am
J. Haux says...

:whistle:

*pst* don't scare him off...he's just joined and I want him to stay!

You got an avatar, David.

Wait...where'd it go?
SPEW to You

80 Reviews

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:57 am
ladydark says...

oops... my bad, he'll stay, I will make him stay! I mean, please ignore me ^-^ I'm a hyper chick who always gets foot in mouth O:) :whistle: 8-[

Reviews: 0
Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:15 pm
sandstone8824 says...

As fascinating a conversation as this is, I think it's okay to end it here. ;)

At the request of my good friend, I will be re-registering under the handle of "David Guinness", just for convenience. So, sandstone8824 dies on this site.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:29 pm
David Guinness says...

...has arrived... ;)
David Guinness

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:33 pm
Emma says...

Funny. Nice to meet you! You can get a green person or a orange person to delete your old account! ;)

[EDIT!]

Wait, no... green people can't delete accounts can they? O_______o; oops.

173 Reviews

Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:45 am
J. Haux says...

Do you want me to call you David, or Mr. Guiness? Er... David, right? (Can I call you Davy...like Davy Duck, our "school mascot"? :wink: )

David wrote: I will be re-registering under the handle of "David Guinness", just for convenience.
For my convenience particularily. :) Thanks, David.

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:56 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Hey David, welcome to the forums. If you need any help, just talk to some of the moderators or admins. They are the ones with the green or orange names.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:40 pm
David Guinness says...

Thanks for everyone's overwhelming desire to help me!

Dearest Jacquie, you may call me anything you want, except for "Davy Duck". I will be terribly offended, and... I don't know what else. Anywho... ;)

David. Or Guinness. Or DG. Possibly even G-Man. I don't really care. Even sandstone is acceptable. Or hardtack. Or any name that comes to mind. It doesn't matter, as long as it fits the G-rating I prefer for this site...

Sincerely,

David Michael Guinness, III, Esquire, Hammond B3, Rolodex, Senior. Or something like that.
David Guinness

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:06 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome David,

We are all just a bunch of crazy misfits here :D

If you have any questions PM me or any of the colorful people here.

Cheers hon,

CL
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe