z

Young Writers Society

Supplication is welcome!

Reviews: 3
Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:41 pm
QueenOfSmut says...

Hello and hallo and halos. I didn't read any of the other welcome posts, so I'm probably just rambling on pointlessly. Anyways, I've posted the first of my stories before I even discovered this little welcome section, so feel free to supplicate my precious ego by reading it. It's titled Seafoam, and can be found in the romance section of your literary forums.

Hope to see more of you faceless internet personas as I get acclimated with this cute little Society. Thanks very much!
-Veloura

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:03 am
niteowl says...

We're not all faceless, as there is a Post your own Pic thread. With 3 parts.

Supplication? I have a feeling I should know what that means...*lugs out Webster's*to ask humbly and earnestly of? You want us to ask humbly and earnestly of your precious ego? WTF? Are you sure you didn't just pick a random big word out to impress us?

Anyway...here's your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) :whistle: O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:39 am
Hope says...

Hey welcome! I'll be sure to read your story. I hope you like it here!
Hope

Embrace the total dork in yourself, and enjoy it, because well... Life is to short to be cool.

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:07 am
J. Haux says...

Veloura--what a lovely name...

I'm Jacqueline (please call me Jacquie if you can remember) Haux. I am usually on here a lot, but I am occupied by other things at the moment, not the least of which is my two-day-old baby sister. :D

I'll go check out your story, though Romance is not my area of expertise(if I have one. :wink: )

You're not rambling at all by my book.

Welcome, and hope you enjoy it here!

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

Random avatar

Reviews: 57
Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:04 pm
Nefer says...

Welcome Veloura and I agree with Jacquie, it's a lovely name.

I'm Nef/Nefer/Neffy and I'm sure I'll find time to read your story. :D

Reviews: 3
Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:56 pm
QueenOfSmut says...

To address all replies in kind-- Niteowl, as you should know there are often connotations to words that are not listed in a dictionary because they are meanings that have gained popularity through word of mouth. By supplication I mean to reassure, soothe, placate, and fellate... my ego. No, I did not pick a random word to impress you, though I'm flattered you might think so. Supplication is presently one of my favorite things to demand.

Hope, Jacquie, and Nefer-- thanks so much for the warm welcome! May I just say that Nefer is a lovely name. It means Beauty in Egyptian, doesn't it? Anyway darlings, I much appreciate the replies. Niteowl, don't think I want to be at odds, I am simply defending myself. Thank you ALL for welcoming me! *^.^*

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:00 pm
niteowl says...

Okay then, Queen of Smut. Thank you for clarifying, and I don't want to be at odds either because fighting's no fun. So let's start over again.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Niteowl, Official Gift Giver! And since I already gave you your gift, I will just shake your hand way too enthusiastically! Why? Because I can, of course.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:15 am
Areida says...

Ooh... I do so enjoying shaking hands too enthusiastically. Much funness.

Hi Veloura (and may I be the third person to say that it's a lovely name?)! I'm Areida. If you need anything feel free to PM me. See you around the boards. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:34 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

You have 2 fantastic names!!! :D
Welcome.
x x x
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

Stories don't end because you stopped paying attention.
— SJ Whitby