z

Young Writers Society

hey, new person looking for help!

Reviews: 0
Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:47 am
writerchic says...

hey everyone, I've had this account forever but i actually have never really done anything with it because school is a hassle and all that, so now i want to get into it because jv volleyball is over and now i may actually have a LIFE!
so now im trying to get to know people on here and start writing again because i havent in ages
so if you could give me tips on how to get "in the community" and stuff like that that'd be soo awesome
thanks!!
five hundred, twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes
five hundred, twenty-five thousand, six hundred moments so dear
five hundred, twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes, how do you measure, measure a year?
-RENT

-kaitlin

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:13 am
Snoink says...

I think I've seen you on TYWC, hehe.

Well, first of all, this is a pretty small forum, so there's definitely a community aspect. It's really cool! We have blogs that we comment on, stories to critique, and then of course you can put up your own stories (as long as you don't clog the boards with every single piece you've ever done). Join up in the randomness forums, PM random people... it's fun. :)

It's a little tough getting in, but once you're are in, you'll be absolutely obsessed. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:31 am
lozareth says...

Greetings young one. I'm your wise, beautiful and caring friend, have fun on YWS

~Lozareth
Lozareth ~ The Confused, Insane and Hopelessly Lost

My Webs!!
http://lozareth.proboards33.com/
http://lozareths.tripod.com/

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:49 pm
Emma says...

Heya, nice to meet you here! Enjoy!

Reviews: 1
Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:58 pm
Gwapo_the_blowfish says...

im new too...im not a very blog finding out type person so i cant help u, but i was bored and decided to reply!
Tired of being what you want me to be. Feeling so faithless. ---Numb Linkin Park

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:17 pm
Meshugenah says...

Go with Snoink's advice, me thinks. If you have a favourite genre of writing, start poking around those forums. review, but I would advise more than a "good job!" something constructive is always appreciated.

Also, chat speak isn't encouraged, and it tends it irk a lot of members.

Ok. done sounding so darn formal. just have fun! hang out in the lounge, critique some, make friends, it works.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:49 pm
niteowl says...

To get "in", people have to notice you. Posting here is a good start. So is posting in the Lounge and the Literary Forums.

And of course, here is your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) :whistle: O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:51 pm
Hope says...

Hey writerchic!
You will really like it here and you have gotten some great advice. Welcome!
Hope

Embrace the total dork in yourself, and enjoy it, because well... Life is to short to be cool.

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:14 am
J. Haux says...

...I think I've seen you before.

Anyway, if I welcomed you before, I welcome you again!

Posting is always good. If you post on the debate forums, make sure you research thoroughly first and read through the whole debate.

Have fun!

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

Random avatar

Reviews: 57
Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:01 pm
Nefer says...

Welcome writerchic and gwapo, enjoy your stay at YWS. :D

I'm Nef/Neffy/Nefer.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:36 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Heya hun if you need any help, everyone will help you cos we're all lovely!! :D
Have fun, see you about
x x x
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:54 am
Kay Kay says...

Hey I'm Kay Kay and welcome to YWS!!!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 pm
*Twilight* says...

I'm new here too but, I'll welcome you anyway: WELCOME :mrgreen:

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:56 pm
Duskglimmer says...

writerchic wrote:hey everyone, I've had this account forever but i actually have never really done anything with it because school is a hassle and all that, so now i want to get into it because jv volleyball is over and now i may actually have a LIFE!
so now im trying to get to know people on here and start writing again because i havent in ages
so if you could give me tips on how to get "in the community" and stuff like that that'd be soo awesome
thanks!!

hey, welcome! I'm Duskglimmer, but most people call me Dusk or Dusky.

A good way to get your name around is to post in some of the "member above you" type threads in the lounge and randomness boards (there's "rate the avatar about you" "rate the signature above you" "the member above you" "the member above you version II", etc. etc.). Other than that, I'd follow Snoink's advice. Just poke around. You're sure to find something that catches your eye.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:08 pm
Tara says...

writerchic wrote:hey everyone, I've had this account forever but i actually have never really done anything with it because school is a hassle and all that, so now i want to get into it because jv volleyball is over and now i may actually have a LIFE!
thanks!!

My advice: just jump right in and start posting. We'll all get to know and love you.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.
— Winston Churchill