z

Young Writers Society

hiya

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:10 pm
faith says...

Hi Nate, I saw your link to this site on TYWC and decided to join, since tywc is pretty much dead. no thanks to me since I'm one of the posters and I hardly ever post, but yeah.. I'll try to recruit some people from there too.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:16 pm
Nate says...

lol, aye, TYWC is dying probably thanks to me too. I haven't updated the Tips page in forever, and I haven't posted stories/poems like I should be. Toward the end of my stay there, I just started feeling disenchanted with the site; old members were leaving and I didn't care much for the new members like senor saurkrat or whatever his name was.

It's great to see another TYWC'er here. I'm hoping that a lot of the others will join this site too.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:42 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Faith, just to say you will love it here!!! It's great 'cause everyone gives really constructive critiscism - they dont just say if they like it or not...
Last edited by -KayJuran- on Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:51 pm
Cacophony says...

Yeah, TYWC definitely seems to have gone down hill. I think it just has more members than its current format can handle. Even if there were more posters, there'd still be the problem of not enough people commenting. Most of the members who were on when I was still active seem to have disappeared and I'm just barely a lurker there now.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:58 pm
Elelel says...

Hi Faith!
My name is Eloere (OK, a little obbvious...) but just call me El or something, and ignore the accents. Yep, this place is great, welcome!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:12 pm
Perra says...

Hi!! I'm Perra! .......who can't think of anything else to say...
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:18 am
Firestalker says...

Hi faith

names firestalker

nothing much to say
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:13 pm
Writersdomain says...

Another immigrant from TYWC? Welcome to the party, dear. :D

Welcome to YWS! I'm WD, and if you ever need any help with anything or want a critique, feel free to PM me. I can't wait to see your work!
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:52 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Welcome!

...ok. I have almost no control over curiousity here.

How'd this thread get dredged up? Perra posted in November, two years ago, and suddenly Firestalker brings up the thread.

:D

Anyway, Perra or faith, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.....though you joined a couple years ago.... XD :?
ohmeohmy

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:56 am
Emerson says...

Welcome to yws ^_^

If you have any questions you can ask me ;-)
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:24 am
whence says...

Zee-eeee.

This thread is a couple years old. faith's now been here significantly longer then either you or me. xD
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:35 am
Rydia says...

Lol. Yeah, I kind of noticed that but it's interesting to hear from people who were on TYWC when it was more alive. Not that it's dead now. It will never die so long as Jasmine and me are there but I'll admit that only the storybook section really remains open and we're mere children playing in a graveyard... Lol. November 2004... I was probably one of the new members you disliked back then. Yeah, I think I joined around that time.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:45 pm
Firearris says...

Hi and welcome to the living site, Young Writers Society! What do you like to write? Do you have any favorite authors? What are your favorite stories or books? I hope to see your work around! PM me if you need any help!

Firearris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero