z

Young Writers Society

Another newbie

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:29 pm
everyday_angel says...

Hey, I'm Laura. I saw a link to this at writingforums.com so I thought I'd pop in and give it a try. I write a lot of songs (I play guitar) and poetry but I'm currently attempting to write 2 novels...and I'm finishing them if it kills me!
Lend your voices only to sounds of freedom
No longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from
Fill your lives with love and bravery
And you shall lead a life uncommon

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:32 pm
niteowl says...

You play guitar? Cool! I wish I could play. Alas, I am restricted to the piano st this point.

Anyway, here's a Chrismahanakwanza/welcome gift.

:D :) :shock: 8) :lol: :P :twisted: :wink: :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :thumb: :xmas_cool: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty:

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:33 pm
Firestarter says...

2 novels? Simultaneously? Good luck!

Anyhow, welcome, greetings, salutations...and so on and so forth. Please post up some of your work! Can't wait to see it!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:51 pm
everyday_angel says...

Yes, I will most definately be needing luck...but I can never focus on one thing for very long so writing more than one thing at a time actually helps me.

niteowl- I love my guitar more than I love most people. Kidding, though there are times when it's true. I always thought playing piano would be cool, too.
Lend your voices only to sounds of freedom
No longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from
Fill your lives with love and bravery
And you shall lead a life uncommon

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:01 pm
Nate says...

I have the same problem with writing. I start one story, then I get to the middle of it and start another story; I probably have one-hundred or so half finished stories. It's not that I get bored with them; what happens is that I get so excited by a new story idea that I have to start writing that story and then I forget about the previous story I was writing.

Anyhow, welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll like it here :)

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:30 am
Elocina says...

Well, I've been working on the Regicide for 2 years now. Re-written it one...two....three...I think four times now. This is IT. No more re-writing.

Welcome, Laura. Merry X-mas.

--C.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you eat for a day. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.
— Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)