z

Young Writers Society

the new dude...

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:32 pm
Elephant says...

Hiya all, I'm brand new here, y'all can call me Elephant. I grew up in the South but now I live in California and I play the keyboards and guitar. And I attempt to write.

So here's the bit about me, the new dude...

I like mexican food, rock out to any thing from the Doors to Blink to the Faint, even some Sinatra. I like Bond only when its Sean Connery, I'm a comic and film junkie, am a bit of a computer geek, Baldurs Gate and Diablo. I love to watch old black and white silent's and make up the dialogue. My favorite actors are John Travolta, Sean Connery, Robert Deniro, Laurence Fishburn, Dustin Hoffman, Paul Newman, Benicio del Toro and John Cusack. Actrises are Minnie Driver, Scarlet Johanssen, and Monica Belluci. Favorite movies are Le Pact de Loups, Swordfish, El Lobo, Home at the End of the World, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Donny Darko. Favorite comics have to be Fantastic Four and X-Men. I'm 18, I work, I go to school. I love Family Guy and Futurama. I used to sing in a band. I have 3 younger sisters and a younger brother and I speak passable french and a tiny bit of latin. So thats about it.

-Elephant-

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:14 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Maybe you'll be doing some reviews?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:23 pm
J. Haux says...

Salve. Mihi nomen est Jacquie.

Hi! My name is Jacquie. I've just started taking Latin, so I know a little, too. I tried to learn guitar, but...ouch! Gave me blisters on my fingers. I guess they're even though I'm a violinist.

Welcome to YWS! Hope you like it, and I'll see you around the forums, I guess. :D
SPEW to You

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:49 am
niteowl says...

Hi! Here's your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) :whistle: O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:21 am
Areida says...

You speak Latin? Hooray! I started a few years back and it's pretty dang cool, no? Jacquie.. you stole what I was gonna say! :wink:

Mexican food is the bomb... 'specially cheese enchiladas... mm mm... And Sinatra? Rock on, man!

I'm Areida, by the way. If you need anything you can PM me. See you around the boards. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

34 Reviews

Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:44 am
Elephant says...

hey all.

reviewing sure to, Griffinkeeper.

Salve, Jacquie. Took me a least a year and a half to work up callouses on my fingers so yeah...

Thanks Niteowl for the gift :)

Areida...mmmm...cheese enchiladas..you're making me crave man...

See ya all around.

-Elephant-
You couldn't parallel park if your life depended on it, so it's unfortunate that, due to the alien invaders' strange emphasis on motorist competence, that's exactly what it comes down to.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:21 am
Jennafina says...

Ooh yeah!! Keyboards unite!!

Yah, I play piano..

I'm Jane Or Jenny Or Jen Or Jenna Or Whatever, and I like to capitilize the word Or.

Nice to meet you!!
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 57
Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:53 am
Nefer says...

Hello Elephant,

Welcome to YWS, I'm Nef/Nefer/Neffy. Whatever.. :D

34 Reviews

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:58 pm
Elephant says...

Thanks for the welcome all. I know this is late, but I've been stuck in Ohio for 2 weeks with internet connection.

-El-
You couldn't parallel park if your life depended on it, so it's unfortunate that, due to the alien invaders' strange emphasis on motorist competence, that's exactly what it comes down to.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:54 pm
lozareth says...

Welecome, i dont suppose you're a pink flying elephant by any chance
Lozareth ~ The Confused, Insane and Hopelessly Lost

My Webs!!
http://lozareth.proboards33.com/
http://lozareths.tripod.com/

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:52 am
Kay Kay says...

Elephant? LOL nice name. Welcome to YWS!!!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

34 Reviews

Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:56 pm
Elephant says...

Thanks for the welcome. :D I am not unfortunately a pink flying elephant, though I wish I was.

EL

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:18 pm
Emma says...

I wish you were too but we will never get what we want! Welcome anyway, even if it IS a bit to late to say...

the button war, the egg being featured member, and santa necro-liking halloween-esque works are the reasons i love yws
— Carina