z

Young Writers Society

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:53 am
HostofHorus says...

Hello world of writing! I am a new member! Any advice tips whatever would be greatly appreciated to help me get started! Thanks!
-J.R.S

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:47 pm
roon says...

Hello! My name is Roon, I'm fairly new too. The people on here are nice, I haven't been on too long, but I've already made some friends. Just make sure you stick to the rules and you'll be fine, make sure you review two things for each piece of work you post. If you review someones work, they will usually return the favour. I would suggest trying to review at least one piece of someones work if they review yours, that way people will be more likely to keep reviewing things, also it's polite!

So, tell us about yourself, what do you usually write/read?

Do you have a favourite novel/author?

Do you have pets?

etc!

Welcome to YWS!

~ Roon
The worst tragedy for a poet is to be admired through being misunderstood.

~ Jean Cocteau

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:09 pm
peanut19 says...

Hi J.R.S, welcome to YWS, I'm Peanut. Roon was right just try to stick to the rules and you'll be fine, they aren't hard to stick to.

*NO CAPS or cht spk<-- both of these are ways to talk that we avoid, since we are writers we need to try and use correct spellings and punctutation.
*The 2:1 ratio. This just means that you have to reveiw twice for every one non review you post.
* Rate your work accordingly (G, PG, PG-13, or R) R works will not be posted on the homepage, only in the forum they are in.
*Please keep lanuage where it belongs: in literature. Be polite to others on the site.

Most of these things are things you would probably do with out the rules. :D

If you have any other questions about the site,or just want to talk PM me.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:56 pm
Mira says...

Hiyas J.R.S.! Welcome to the lovely world of YWS! :)

It looks like Peanut and Roon told you about all the rules, but I bet you're wondering about the different colored names. ^-^ I'll just tell you a bit about them.

Blues - Greeters. They welcome new members to the site, giving them a spectacular entrance.

Purple - Instructors. They're the best reviewers on the site and show everyone the true writer inside of them ^-^

Green - Moderators. Junior mods (light green) cover a small section of the site while full mods (dark green) are assigned to larger portions. Their job is to make YWS the best place possible.

Red - Administration. They run the site and make it totally awesome. YWS wouldn't exist without their constant attention.

But back to you!

What's your favorite color? Food? What about your favorite animal?

PM me if you need anything!

Smiles!
~Mira
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:46 am
HostofHorus says...

Wow, thanks! People here are nice! :) So I guess I will answer the questions you have asked

Favorite things to write/read:

I love reading really anything. My favorites would be a lot of the Young Adult books, and I really like the books with action... who doesn't? As for writing, I just have random ideas that pop into my head and start writing about them. I have a crazy imagination, and my favorite stories that I have been writing are part of a short story series that I post on my website for all of my friends to read. They are kind of crazy, and are about a cow named Betsy among other things.... If you want to take a look at them I will give you the site address, but I'm not sure if I can or not yet... I am going to post them on here too I think. After about the first three (Set-up) books the story really kicks off! :) I like them...

Favorite novel/author:

No favorite novel, I love so many, and I have three favorite authors! :) Anthony Horowitz, Rick Riordan, and John Flanagan.

Pets: I have a Brittany (Spaniel) Dog originally named Brittany.... :) and a rabbit named Lilly.

Color: haha Orange or Red.

Food: I can't choose. I am an athlete, so I love all food...

Animal: I have to go with a cow simply to make Betsy happy

:wink:

Thanks everyone that has commented so far! I feel right at home here so far!

-J.R.S

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:52 am
Daft Vader UK says...

Anthony Horowitz is legendary! =)

Anyway! Welcome to YWS
I think the above has told you nearly everythinf you need to know about YWS

But if you have any questions and need a review please pm me and i would be happy to help.

Anyway, i see you already have 1 review, even tho i'v looked everywhere and i cant find it!!!! If you want to give me the link for the review so i can look at it and see if there is anything you could do to improve!

Thanks
Last edited by Daft Vader UK on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:53 pm
Kaylyn says...

Hey there, I'm Kaylyn,
Everyone has seemed to have covered the main rules so I'll give you some tips and information about the fabulous YWS website. Contests are hosted in the Community forum under Contests. Be sure to enter some of your writings under there, it can be fun and you get prizes for winning!
If you need any help or have any questions, PM me. I'll be happy to help you out!
~Kaylyn
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:29 pm
ThisIsAUserName says...

Dude! I have a rabbit named Lily too. It's spelled differently, but still. That's pretty cool, if you ask me. :]

Anyway, welcome to YWS! I hope you have fun and write oodles of stuffs.
In me thou see'st the glowing of such fire,
That on the ashes of his youth doth lie,
As the deathbed whereon it must expire,
Consumed by that which it was nourished by.
(Exerpt from Shakespearean Sonnet Number 73)

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:26 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Hey J.R.S! Gsppc here. I have so many nicknames that I don't feel like reciting them all. Just call me Gsp okay? xD Orange is the best color in the world! You're going to love YWS! If you need any help feel free to ask, most everyone here are very nice. Never feel too embarassed to ask for help. Trust me, if you don't ask you're not going to find the answer. *has experience* And if you still don't want to post it, PM me. I will see if I can answer your questions. Enjoy YWS! You'll meet a lot of interesting people. Like myself. :P
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:54 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS.

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley