z

Young Writers Society

Hello, I'm fairly new

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:17 pm
roon says...

Hello, you may gather from my username, but you can call me Roon. I'm slightly odd, but then that's better than being normal right? Or maybe that's what I want to believe, I forget!

Well erm, I like reading and writing and music and drawing and sports and basically anything that can be remotely enjoyable, I will give it a try!

My favourite subject at school is physics! Teehee, I'm a nerd, yay! When I finish my A levels (If you haven't gathered I'm English) I hope to go on to study physics at uni, I have my fingers crossed on the oxbridge front, but at the same time know it will never happen!

Out of the two, Cambridge looks the better option to me at the moment, but my mind changes so much even I can't keep up sometimes!

I love to ramble, which you may have gathered from this lengthy "Hi I'm new!" but yeah! So, basically, if you want to talk or want me to review I would be happy to! Toodles!

~ Roon

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:46 pm
SpencerNolanRivers says...

Hi. Welcome, Roon. My name is Kiara, though most on here just call me Kiki. It's nice to have you join us. And it's okay, I'm a fan of ramblers.

I want to know a couple of things about you, if that's okay.

What type of stuff do you usually write?

What do you want to be when you grow up?

What type of stuff do you like to read?
Last edited by SpencerNolanRivers on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
House: People interest me. Conversations don't.
Foreman: Maybe because conversations go both ways.
House & Foreman: Like Thirteen.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:50 pm
peanut19 says...

Hi Roon, I'm Peanut welcome to YWS. I can see that you know some of the rules because it looks like you are keeping your reviews and posts in check. You also didn't use chatspeak in your post so that's wonderful. You like to rabble that's okay, I'm not really a rambler but if you want to talk just PM me and I'll be glad to. So what's your favorite genre? Who's your favorite author? What kinda of music do you like?

~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

119 Reviews

Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:35 pm
roon says...

Thank you Kiki and Peanut! I will try to answer your questions as best I can!

Stuff I usually write, well poems or fantasy, I've also been known to dabble with art, more specifically manga!

As I said I am about to start A levels, I will be doing History, Chemistry, Maths, and the lovely physics!

When I'm older, and I've finished uni, I would like to be a physicist, my dreams, as I'm quite sad, are to work at NASA, CERN, fermilab, all the big names basically! I know it isn't likely to happen, but I can dream!

I also have a secret sort of fantasy of being a stand-up comedian, or a writer! But I don't usually use too much humour in my writing!

I will read almost anything really, I love fantasy especially! I'm not really into girly fiction though, I can't get into those books that are teenagers diaries, I don't even keep up to date with my own! Every year I say I will, but within a week I give up!

I stayed up to get the last Harry Potter as soon as it came out, and then read it as soon as I got home! So yeah I love to read!

Favourite music, well I listen to anything from Classic rock to Michael Buble, so most stuff really! I'm not a big fan of rap though, or R'n'B. There are bits of every genre that I like though, so there will be exceptions!

Thank you for speaking to me, I'm loving this site so far, it's even more addictive than facebook! Sorry for talking so much, I could, as I said, ramble for England!

~ Roon
The worst tragedy for a poet is to be admired through being misunderstood.

~ Jean Cocteau

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:28 pm
forever.always says...

Hey Roon!

Welcome to YWS! My username is forever.always, but you can just call me Forever. I haven't come up with a clever nickname so Forever will do for now! :)

You'll get the hang of it around here...I just recommend that you check out some of the forums and threads. It's a great way to learn the gist of things on the site. :D

That's cool that you love Physics!

A secret fantasy of becoming a stand-up comedian!? That's awesome! :wink:

PM me if you have any questions!

Always,

*Forever*
"I've got too much soul for the world." -Too Fake (Hockey)

119 Reviews

Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:57 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hello I am SimonCowellLuver and Welcome to the YWS! Since your only fairly new i won't explain all rules because it looks like you have a pretty good handle on things. :lol:

Well...I don't know what to say :p since you practically know everything so... well that is it i guess. 8)

If you need me you know how to reach me.

SimonCowellLuver :D
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven - and very, very few persons.
— James Thurber