z

Young Writers Society

I'm new.

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:07 am
stefff10 says...

I'm Carly. I registered for this site because I love to write, but no one really knows. Many people on this site share their writings with their friends and family. That's too nerve-wracking for me.

I get my writing ideas from a lot of 'what if' thoughts on my life, or I get them from experiences in my life. I'm a little new to this kind of stuff, so let my know if I'm doing something wrong. :)

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:32 am
Hannah says...

Hey, Carly! ^_^ Welcome to YWS! I hope that the reviews and support you receive on this site will encourage you to share your talent with the people that are close to you and that care about you. ^^ Have you ever tried sharing it with your family or are you too shy to try at all? You might be surprised at their reaction!

Anyways, you probably read the rules when you joined, but I'll remind you about them now.

First of all, we have to keep to the 2:1 ratio rule. This means that for every piece of work you want to submit, you have to review AT LEAST two works from other members before posting your own. :] Gotta keep that ratio going through your whole membership, too, and you'll probably want to do more review than that!

Also, we can't use chat speak. I don't think you'll have a problem with that, but it's in the rules anyway~

Oh, and be sure to rate the works that you post. Works with strong language, graphic violence, or adult situations should be rated R so they don't appear on the front page. Anything unrated also won't show up on the front page for members to browse through.

Hmm, that being said, will you let us know what your favorite genres to write in are? Also, what are your favorite books and what books/movies have inspired you most? :D

Carly, I'd also like to ask you if you've heard about the reality show game that is going on. :] There are teams of new members teamed up with a more experienced team captain and we all compete in tasks together to pull our team to victory. It would be a /great/ way for you to get to know some other people right away and to be involved in the site! If you've already heard about it and are participating, that's great, but if you're not, I have a free space on my team and you're welcome to join me if you'd like to. The important thing is that you're participating.

Anyways, if you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me!

Again, welcome~

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:46 am
Jiggity says...

Aloha and welcome!

I don't like sharing my writing with my family either, they seem to be aware of what I like doing and they tolerate it but its nothing any of them are interested in really so I wouldn't even want to show them to be honest, as none of us would get anything out of it. So, you're not alone in that! But this is a great place for confidence building - and that's because, usually, you'll only get the solid truth here in the form of constructive criticism so if you aren't great now, you will surely be vastly improved by the end of your stay here.

Hope you have lots of fun on the way, don't hesitate to PM me if you have any issues or questions. Adios
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:34 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Carly! Welcome to our big, happy YWS family! ^_^

Here's a few rules and tips for [s]surviving[/s] getting around YWS!

~Please don't take all criticism to heart. Everyone here is trying to just help you improve, but if they are being mean to you personally, please PM a Mod, like Hannah or Jiggity. They'll take care of that for you.

~Please use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization while posting here. We're all writer's here, so you're obviously going to be expected to write like one. :D

~If someone does something nice for you, like signs your guestbook, please do something nice for them. You know, common courtesy and all that.

~Feel free to look around! There's a lot more to YWS than just the Literature forums, and it's so much fun. I must warn you know, it gets addicting! ;)

So if you have a question, would like a review, or want a friend, feel free to PM me!
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

'They are afraid of nothing,' I grumbled, watching their approach through the window. 'Together, they would brave Satan and all his legions.'
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights