z

Young Writers Society

hi!

Reviews: 4
Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:37 pm
SummersRipplingBreath says...

im new! I LOVE SHAKSPEARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so catell by my name. it is a quote from the balcony scene in rome and juliet 'sweet goodnight this bud of love is like summers rippling breathe' thta is the best line in the whole play!!!!!!!!!!!!! any other shakespeare people out there??? all my friends think im mad as i can remember shakspeare quotes x

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:53 pm
SpencerNolanRivers says...

Hi. Welcome to YWS.

Just to let you know; read the rules before posting a story.

To answer your question; no. I do not like Shakespeare, though I do have a thing for men named William. Strange, I know.
House: People interest me. Conversations don't.
Foreman: Maybe because conversations go both ways.
House & Foreman: Like Thirteen.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:14 pm
caitlin*elizabeth*rose7 says...

Hyello, SummersRipplingBreath! Umm... That name is a little long for typing... Mind if I call you Summer? :D (the name is really cool, though :D)

Welcome to YWS! I'm Caitlin, and Shakespeare is my favorite too :D I like A Midsummer Night's Dream :D (It's one of the few I've read so far)

So, at YWS, there are a few rules that you might want to follow:

1. DON'T USE ALL CAPS, IT GETS PRETTY ANNOYING.
2. Dnt tlk lyk dis. Ths is cld chtspk nd its prty annying 2. Lolz and omgz are acceptable, if you don't use them constantly.
3. 2:1 ratio- for every piece you post of your own, review the work of two other people. This keeps balance in the site.

I think that's about it... Oh, wait!

What's your favorite kind of music?

What's your favorite fruit?

What do you want to do ten years from now?

What's your favorite color?

Do you wear shoes?

I wear shoes!

But they don't fit now, because I stepped on a bee and it stung me and now my foot looks like a balloon.

Oh, and don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything! (though you might think I'm crazy now..)

*caitlin
Two camels in a tiny car!

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:21 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Summer! Welcome to our wonderful and wacky YWS family!

Yes, I love Shakespeare! I can't quote him for my life, but I've read some of his works. Genius! :D

Here are the rules Kiki's referring to:

~Please review two pieces of work before submitting your own. This is the 2:1 ratio rule. I see you've already done that, so great job! :D

~Please do not use chat-speak or CAPs. dnt spk lyk dis plz and DO NOT SPEAK LIKE THIS!

~Please rate your work and do so appropriately. If there is mature content or vulgar language, please rate it R.

Oh, and when you go to submit your work, please check that it's in the write genre. Ask yourself questions like "Is this involving a love story or more action? Is it poetry or fiction?" You probably already know this, but genre is the type of work your submitting something under. If you need help with this, don't be afraid to ask. This will be greatly appreciated by our Mods here. ^_^

So tell us more about yourself!

What do you like to read besides Shakespeare?

Where's a favorite setting of yours for a story?

Do you like to handwrite things or type them?

Who do you want to meet most in the world and why?

If you have a question, want a friend, or would like a review, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:35 pm
forever.always says...

Hey there!

Welcome to YWS! That is soo cool that you memorize Shakespeare lines. =)
Romeo and Juliet is my favorite, but I've read Twelfth Night and The Merchant of Venice as well.
Shakespeare still kind of confuses me, but I've learned how to understand it better than I used to. =)
What a creative idea to have your username as part of a Shakespeare line! That's really cool.
One of my favorite lines is one Romeo says in the balcony scene:

"It is the east, and Juliet is the sun!"

Oh my gosh I loove that line!

Welcome again!

*Forever*
"I've got too much soul for the world." -Too Fake (Hockey)

Life's short; smile while you still have teeth.
— Tuesday