z

Young Writers Society

new?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:35 pm
Star615 says...

I suppose I come here to this little space to ramble, I'm not to sure yet, obviously I am new here, and I came here because... well there's no reason really. I'm just here for something to do. I enjoy writing and reading other stories, so I guess that's why I've joined.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:49 pm
bludragon525 says...

Hey Star! Welcome to the wacky world of YWS!!!! I'm Zoe, but a lot of people call me Dragon.

Something to do, huh? Summer gets pretty boring after a while, doesn't it? YWS is really fun, and it gets addictive, too.

So, there are three basic rules to YWS. Break them, and the mods will eat you! Just kidding. Everyone's really nice here, and I'm sure you'll make a ton of new friends soon.

1) 2:1 ratio. That means for every story/poem that you post, you have to submit two reviews. Reviews are generally three lines long.
2) NO CAPS OR CHAT-SPEAK. Please. They succeed in doing nothing except giving people headaches.
3) Rate your work! (ex: R would be a piece that contains swearing, etc.)

Um, yeah. That's about it.

On to the hard questions. Favorite color? Flavor of ice cream? Hobbies besides writing and reading? We tend to get pretty nosy when it comes to newbs.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!

See ya around.

zOe :smt043
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:18 am
Star615 says...

I suppose I reply back here, if not my bad.

So I'm still a bit confused, when you say for every story or poem I write I have to do 2 reviews, is that on some other persons story or poem?

My favorite colour is black :D
I don't have a favorite ice cream flavour, I'm odd I don't really like ice cream.

Some other hobbies I have are playing the guitar, photography, and anything exciting and challenging.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:05 am
bludragon525 says...

Hey!

Yep, you have to review another person's poem/story. It's not that hard to get three lines; as long as you point out a few mistakes and say what you have to think about it, you're fine.

Black? Cool! My favorite color's black too, as you can probably see from the black rose on my avatar.

Well, see ya around!

zOe
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:11 am
Mira says...

Hiyas Star! Welcome to YWS! :)

So, I suppose you're wondering about all those colorful names, huh? Well, I'm here to talk to you about them. :wink:

Black - Regular members.
Blue - Greeters. These wonderful people hang around the Welcome forum to greet all the new members. ^-^
Purple - Instructors. They are the best reviewers on the site. :)
Green - Moderators. There are two kinds: junior mods (light green) and full mods (dark green).
Red - Administration. They run the site and make it fantastic.

So, anyway, back to you. ^-^

Guitar? That's pretty cool. I can't play myself, unless you count the guitar for Rock Band... What's your favorite type of music? And an artist?

What type of genre do you usually write in? And if you could pick any character, who would you be?

PM me if you need anything! :)

Smiles!
~Mira
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:52 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Star! Welcome to YWS! :D

Ooo, I play guitar! I don't play it well, but I do have a nice little acoustic I take out every once in a while. Photography is fun! You can submit pictures you've taken in the Art and Photography forum, and there are a bunch of people who will give helpful reviews for it!

Also, when you go to submit pieces of work, please know where to submit things. You probably already know this, but genre is the type of work you're submitting it under. Ask yourself questions before you submit it. For example: Is this a love story? Is there action in this? Is the structure of my work consisting of lines and stanzas? Is this poetry or fiction? If you need help, don't be afraid to ask a Mod. They're friendly and will gladly assist. :D

Oh, and if you'd like a review from one of our lovely Instructors, feel free to PM them and ask from this thread-

post580878.html#580878

More questions!

What are you currently writing?

What or who inspires you to write?

Where is a favorite setting for a story?

Who is your favorite character?

If you have a question, would like a review, or want to talk, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:56 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

hello i am SimonCowellLuver and would personally like to welcome you to the YWS! The best writing site ever!!! :smt006

well let me go straight to the rules
:arrow: 1 2:1 ratio which means when you post a writing you must write 2 reviews.
:arrow: 2 No caps for example LIKE THIS IT SEEMS LIKE YELLING and it is annoying
:arrow: 3 no chat speak like c u l8r or ttyl
:arrow: 4 rate your work like G or PG
:arrow: 5 Respect everyone

Most importantly have fun and be creative not everything has to be serious. :smt005

If you need me or have any questions feel free to pm me anytime ok.

Thanks and see you around!

SimonCowellLuver :smt035
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon