z

Young Writers Society

Hi!!!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:18 am
Shaker-maker says...

Hi, just thought id introduce myself to you all!!! (im Shaker-maker)
Im hoping to learn alot from this site and hopefully give and receive some positive feedback for my own, and to other peoples work :D

ciao!!!!!

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:54 pm
Mira says...

Hiyas, Shaker! Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! :)

Before I got too far ahead of myself, I'll just tell you a bit about the rules on the site. ^-^

~ 2:1 ratio - This means that you need to review two pieces of work for each work of your own.
~ NO CAPS. This will just annoy other members and it'll save you a lot of trouble if you just follow this rule.
~ No cht spk. This is a writing site, so we like proper grammar and spelling.
~Rate works accordingly. (P, PG, PG-13, R)

If you want a chance to meet other members, I'd recommend going to the chat room. There is usually several people on, so you can talk to others and make some new friends. ^-^ If you don't feel like doing this however, I'm sure the forums should suffice. Here's the link: http://host7110.123flashchat.com/youngwriterssociety/

So, do you have a favorite genre of music or literature? And who's your favorite author? If you could meet anyone (including those from the past) who would you meet?

PM me if you need anything or just want to chat. ^-^

Smiles!
~Mira
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:07 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Skaker! Welcome to our big YWS family! :D

There's a lot to do here and many ways to have fun. On YWS, you can do a lot more than just helping people with their writing and posting your own work. You can chat, like Mira said, create your own blog, and explore the Community forums! YWS is an awesome place to for fun, and I must tell you know it gets addicting. ;)

So when you've reviewed at least two pieces of work and have posted your own, you can kindly ask one of our many talented Instructors we have here on YWS. They're job is to help improve your writing, and they're glad to help! Here's the link:

post580878.html#580878

If you have a question, or would care for a review from moi, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to help! :D
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:10 am
Adnamarine says...

Heeey Shaker-maker! =D
Any particular nickname you want, or can I come up with one for you? :P

I see most of the general rules have been covered, but all the same, if you're curious: rules.php

Oh, and when they say reviews, they should be about 50+ words, otherwise they're not actually counted as reviews. =D

Anyway, you seem like you're coming to this site with a good attitude, willing to give and receive help. A quick note though, we do appreciate it if you use proper grammar (instead of "Im" and "id" :P), this being a writer's site and all.

One more thing. As a mentor myself, I have to throw in a plug for them. :P The mentors are there to give exclusive help to any new member that wants/needs it. You can pick from a list of people (in the link I'll give you, it tells you a bit about each one, for instance what they like to review, etc.) and that person will answer any questions you have, show you around the site, and review your work for a month, giving you a lovely introduction to the site. It's really helpful, and, hey, it's nice to have a friendly face among strangers right? Not that everyone will remain strangers for long. =D Anyway, here's the link: topic20053.html

Hope you're having fun, and let me know if you have any questions, or... anything else. xD

-Adna
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:32 am
Elinor says...

Well Hello Shaker! How's it going! I'm Ellie, how are you? *Shakes Hand* Hope you are enjoying YWS. Well, since the others already covered the basics and the rules, I just want to tell you that I always open to new friends. See the little portfolio icon next to my avatar? Click on it, and you can add me as a friend. Is there anything else you enjoy? What is your favorite method of writing? Poetry, Short Stories? PM me if you have any questions :-)

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

pain is that feeling when you are feeling hurt, but it never goes away leaving me hurt. oh it hurts.
— Dragonthorn