z

Young Writers Society

I've Never Been Welcomed Properly

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:57 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Hi guys ^^ I'm Angels-Symphony, but my penname is Shina. I've [s]new[/s] never posted a thread in this forum before and have never been properly greeted :P

My friend June, a.k.a. [s]springrain2693[/s] Juniper, told me about this site and I thought I'd check it out ^^ It looks like a really fun place to improve my writing.

A few things about myself:
-I'll be taking the hospitality and tourism program in 10th grade next year, though I'd rather be doing something for writing. But the good news is, at least I get journalism *_*
-I used to play piano. I still play clarinet, some flute, and sax, and am now learning to play the violin.
-I love [s]you guys[/s] writing. I thinks it's a great way to express myself and tell the world something through a story.
- I hope to get my novel, Angel's Symphony, published with the help of my awesome editor, June ;) You guys might know her.
-I prefer to write fantasy fiction, but I also like blending in action, romance, and adventure inbetween.
-I really like poaching newbies ^^ It's a hobby I have. Maybe something here on YWS will relate to my love of poaching them.

I hope to have some fun on this site!
I hear its awesome :P

-Shina

P.S. What exactly are the rulez? ARE CAPS ALLOWED? Should I post two pieces of work for every one review? What do all of these colored titles mean? :roll: I'm sooo confused. Please help me :shock:
Last edited by Angels-Symphony on Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189

263 Reviews

Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:02 am
Angels-Symphony says...

I feel so welcome.
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:06 am
Juniper says...

You may be sad to find out that springrain2693 no longer exists! And you are the first newb to join with a purple name!

ALSO CAPS ARE ALLOWED
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

263 Reviews

Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:10 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Juniper wrote:You may be sad to find out that springrain2693 no longer exists! And you are the first newb to join with a purple name!

D: So my editor doesn't exist? O_O She promised to stay with me forever and ever. *sniffles*

Also, I'm the only purple member to join? Boy, I must be special or something. Does it mean anything?

ALSO CAPS ARE ALLOWED

COOL ^^ THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION.

-Shina

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:12 am
Jon says...

You forgot a comma after 'ALSO', Juniper. Tsk Tsk.
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:14 am
Mars says...

If you have questions, you should send a gazillion PMs to all the admins. Don't be afraid to ask them things that may seem obvious, like how to write a story, or when to use a comma. You don't even have to ask them anything. You should send them anything that pops into your head. This is what they are here for. (It's not like they're busy or anything.)

kidding.
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:19 am
beckiw says...

Hi!

I'm the person who posts on the wrong greet thread!

Bow down to my awesomeness.

Everyone sucks here except me...You can be my minion if you want. No pay though.

This is the site...you click on stuff and it takes you places. People like to write here for some reason. There are rules and stuff, they are fun. There are colourful people who like do stuff here...I don't know why though. There is this place where you can talk to people and they answer straight away. It freaks me out sometimes. You can write stuff too you know and then post it...somewhere. People like to read it sometimes and say stuff after it. That's exciting. You should say stuff after other peoples stories too...they would like that. What else...the green people, yeah they like it when you PM them alot. It makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Oh, there are these numbers and things next to your name...I'm sure they serve some purpose but I'm not quite sure what. They go up and down. People like them. Oh and you can be colourful too you have to lick this member called Juniper, then she gives you kittens and colours. I don't want to lick her though...I think she might taste funny. So that is why I have no colour. Maybe when someone tastier looking comes along I can lick them. I hope for that day. Maybe that one Kylan...I've licked him before.

So yeah if you want to know anything else...I don't know why you would. You can like send this little message to me through pigeon carrier. Just...don't send lots, they poo all over my floor and then I can't spend as much time greeting new people like yourself in this glorious manner.

So yeah, welcome to this place that isn't so great because apparently we are getting a new one...

Bex x

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:19 am
Mira says...

Hiyas, Shina! Welcome to YWS!

I'm sure you'll love it here, but there are a few thing you need to know before you get started.

1. Never, ever, ever listen to Instructors. They may tell you something that seems important, but... :wink: Oh, wait? You're purple?! Nevermind then...
2. Don't forget about chat spk. It's totally loved around here. Tlking lyk this will get u lotz of luv.
3. Follow every command that a member without color tells you. We're the most populated part of YWS, so if you listen to us we can get you places the others couldn't dream of. :lol: So, I would jump at the chance of being Becki's minion. It only happens once.

Well, that's about it, I suppose. Send lots of PMs to the members that go by the names of June, Jon, Explosive_Pen, and Snoink if you need any help. Actually, just send them PMs. They'll love it.

Have fun!

Smiles!
~Mira

P.S. The giraffes bite. And that cookie you just ate, well... They don't like that.

EDIT: You should so totally join this contest. I think you would really like it, just from what you've written here. http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic49831.html Take a look contact the person hosting the contest. But, I'm just warning you, their username is almost exactly like yours. :lol: Or is it just me?
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

263 Reviews

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:25 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Thanks for the help, guys ^^ I really appreciate it. O_O I don't want to seem like a newb or anything xD Now I'll totally fit in.

Mars wrote: If you have questions, you should send a gazillion PMS to the admins... This is what they are here for. (It's not like they're busy or anything.)

They sound really productive :D Thanks for the help Mars. I'll totally PM them. Right now I can't figure out how to open this jar of peanut butter. I think they'd really help me open it if I PMd them, since they have nothing better to do.

beckiw wrote: Oh and you can be colourful too you have to lick this member called Juniper, then she gives you kittens and colours. I don't want to lick her though...I think she might taste funny. So that is why I have no colour. Maybe when someone tastier looking comes along I can lick them. I hope for that day. Maybe that one Kylan...I've licked him before.

D: I have a colorful title but I've never licked June. I licked this stamp with Elvis' head on it, and I've licked a chunk of beef before because I can't eat cow for a whole month. Maybe that counts for something :)

Kylan sounds tasty ^^ Maybe I'll lick his hair off or something. His avatar looks really friendly. It's so inviting! I bet he's got a gazillion friends and is super social.

THANKS GUYS! I forgot that I could use caps for dramatic effect since it doesn't make people ill xD

I'll totally messenger pigeon and post here and there. I'll try to see you guys in chat ;)

Thanks Again!

-Shina

P.S. What's this Will Review For Food Thread? Can I ask people to review my work like, ten times every hour? Also, what's this Jabber Hut I keep hearing about? Is it like, some sort of circus ?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:45 am
Actawesome says...

Ah, so what do we have here folks? Another new arrival to the YWS squad? Well, well, hello Shina. I'm fairly newly welcomed myself, so it's nice to finally welcome another poor, lost soul.

It's recommended you immediately post several of your finest poems without reviewing, so that you can get a good feel to the site. Also, http://host7110.123flashchat.com/youngwriterssociety/ is our chat. The coolest of the cool members usually stay in there all day instead of bothering with the droning forum activities.

I hope you feel exceedingly welcomed here, but be ready to fade into obscurity. Everyone here has the same ambitions as you.

^^
Wow, that was pretty morbid, huh? x-x Especially the last part.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:13 am
View Likes
lilymoore says...

Why hello there newbish newb. I'm Lilymoore. Can you say "lil-eeee'?...didn't think so. Anyway, let me clear a couple things up for you.

beckiw wrote:Oh and you can be colourful too you have to lick this member called Juniper, then she gives you kittens and colours. I don't want to lick her though...I think she might taste funny.

For the record Shina...I have licked June and she happens to taste like maple smoked ham. Quite good actually. That's how I turned purple. At first I thought it was something in the water *shrugs* but ooooh well.

angels-symphony wrote:Also, what's this Jabber Hut I keep hearing about? Is it like, some sort of circus ?

Jabber Hut is actually the biggest little hut on the very outskirts of YWS where we go to poke each other in the arm/eye/nose/forehead/foot until we're all in tears. Really very fun. You should definitely join in. *pokes Shina, giggles, and runs away*

Actawesome wrote:The coolest of the cool members usually stay in there all day instead of bothering with the droning forum activities.

So very true. Who cares about the skinkin forums when you can spend all your time talking about Nate and his muse murdering or June and her lack of a cellure device in the chatroom? Now that you're a member, just go crazy in the chat room. Besides, who read the forums anyway?

Have fun and remember, WE LOVE WHEN PEOPLE TALK IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! so do that A LOT!
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:15 pm
Demeter says...

Who are you?
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:16 pm
Demeter says...

Also.

Kylan sounds tasty ^^

Tell me about it.
Last edited by Demeter on Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:18 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Hi Shina! Welcome to YWS!

So lyek totalli only evr tlk lyk dis if u want to b luvd.

Also, all those people with red and dark green names, they love it when you PM them lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots!

Also, reviewing is BAAAAD. Nobody reviews. We hate it when people say bad stuff about our work, so NEVER do that. Ifyou want to review, just tell someone how awesome their writing is.

And by the way...

don't touch the shoes.

kthxbai

-Stella.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

i, too, use desk chairs for harm and harm alone
— Omni