Young Writers Society

G'day.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:20 pm
Gabriel15 says...

Hi there,
my name is Gabriel.
I love music and play guitar and saxophone.
I recently developed a love for reading, and thought I would give writing a try. I think this is a good place for me to start.
Just some info about me;
I was born in Brazil, but left when I was seven, so I do speak fluent English.
I am fifteen years young.
I have the tendency of being amazing.
I would enjoy people reviewing all my future works... So, do. You know you want to.
That's pretty much it, I'm easy going and laid back, feel free to message me.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:54 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Gabriel! Lovely name, by the way. One of my characters are named Gabriel. :D My name's Selene *shakes hand* and it's nice to meet you.

So how about a run-down of our rules first?

~ Please rate your work. If there is sexual content, the F-word, or other vulgar language, please rate it R. And please do so appropriately.

~ Please review two works of literature before posting your own. You've already done so, and that's awesome! :D Keep up that reviewing, because everyone will appreciate it!

~Please do not use chat-speak or CAPs. For example: "dat wuz kewl kp ^ dat wrtng." and "THAT WAS AWESOME, KEEP WRITING!!!" We're all writers here, so you're expected to post like one.

Tell us more about yourself!

What do you like to read?

What's your favorite genre?

Who's your favorite author?

What do you like doing in your spare time?

I hope you like it here in your new YWS home! There's lots to do, but the best way to find those things is to go explore. Have fun!

If you have a question, would like a review, or need some help with the site or writing, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:48 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Hey Gabe ^^ Welcome to YWS! I'm Shina ;) One of the instructor-greeters here on YWS. It is my job and my pleasure to greet the newbies.

Since Selene seems to have covered the rules, I'll cover a few other things.

I love music and play guitar and saxophone.

Saxophones FTW! xD I played sax in band once, but my main instrument was clarinet. Now I'm learning violin.

I recently developed a love for reading, and thought I would give writing a try. I think this is a good place for me to start.

YWS is definitely the place to start, other than the library of course :P

I was born in Brazil, but left when I was seven, so I do speak fluent English.

Whoa, Brazil, that's cool ^^

I have the tendency of being amazing.

How so? What kind of hobbies do you have? ^^

I would enjoy people reviewing all my future works... So, do. You know you want to.

xD Lol on this. But a lot of members are really busy this month with July Novel Month, exams, and camp, so if you want a review, I suggest you request one in the Will Review For Food Thread.

Or go here This is the Instructor's Specialty Thread. New members can go here, find someone who likes to critique the same thing that they write, and can contact that Instructor. My thread is in my signature if you need a review.

Welcome to YWS, Gabriel!
Good Luck & Have Fun
-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:50 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello Gabriel! Welcome to YWS!

What's up? I'm sure you're amazing. :) I wish you all the luck with your writing, and I'm here if you eve need any help. If you want a review feel free to PM me, or leave a request in my Will Review For Food Thread.

Be sure to check out the help and support section if you have any confusion regarding the site, But, like I said, you can alway PM me with your question and concerns and I would love to be help.

Brazil eh? That's really cool! I was seven too when I left my home country, before coming to Canada. So, I started learning English seriously at the age of seven.

I love anyone who plays a musical instrument, and you play two! Score!

I hope you like it here, and are able to develop the writer in you.

See you around!
-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:01 pm
caitlin*elizabeth*rose7 says...

Hyello Gabriel! Welcome to YWS!

You play sax? I play clarinet! Do you enjoy reed instruments? (I certainly don't sometimes)

I s'pose I should explain the colored names, though you might already know... oh well.
*a blue name is a greeter. They do what I am doing right now, greeting the newbies :D (actually, I'm kind of partially new, also)
*a... Weell, I'll just call it purpleblue, those names are instructors. They give tips and help people and stuff like that.
*an orange colored name is a distinguished member.
*a dark green name is a moderator. They manage the forums on this site, and I hear they come after ya if you break the rules :D
*a light green name is a junior mod.
*finally, a red name is a system administrator (epic). They manage the entire site, and can do pretty much anything.

So what do you like to write? I'll attempt to review your work, but I'm not the best at reviewing. But I will read :D

PM me if you need anything! (except curtains. I refuse to give them up!)

*caitlin rose
Two camels in a tiny car!

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:10 am
Mars says...

Hi Gabriel!

Hope you're enjoying the site so far. It definitely is a good place to start, and to improve, so I'm sure you'll do very well here! If you want, you can check out the Knowledge Base under Resources up at the top - it has all sorts of handy articles to help you get started.

PM me if you need anything! And that includes a review, mister. I want to see some work of yours. :)

-Mars
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.
— Walter Lippmann