z

Young Writers Society

What is socio-anxiety?

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:25 pm
socio-anxiety says...

...It's my blog!

Hello, I'm dreadful at doing these type of things.

I'm a nineteen year old female linguaphile living in London looking for like-minded folk to read and comment on my blog, which you may find interesting or frivolous or both or still want to continue to read it by the time I've finished this description.
It's non-fiction, and I guess it could be described as quite journalistic in style but don't let that put you off. It's all about language & conversation - its niceties, atrocities and all in between.

Apart from being a lover of linguistics, I particularly enjoy reading Virginia Woolf, William Carlos Williams, Emily Dickinson, Wilfred Owen and Simon Armitage and everything else. I suppose Modernism would be my favourite period of writing. I also am an art-lover, a little obsessed with WWI history and have a pop at learning some French, Spanish and Italian occassionally. Also love old TV sitcoms and quizcoms.

Hope I don't sound too ridiculous, and would love to hear from you all. X

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:05 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Socio! Welcome to YWS! I'm Selene, and it is a pleasure to meet you. ^_^

Emily Dickinson is a great poet. She's magnificent of her time, and I enjoy reading her works, as well. So do you like reading Edgar Allen Poe? Though his mind is dark, it was brilliant, and I love his poetry. Edgar Allen Poe is my favorite poet. ^_^

So here are some rules to get you started:

~Please review two works of literature here on YWS before posting your own. This is referred to as the 2:1 ratio and is very important to our site, so please review as soon as possible. It is greatly appreciated by all members. :D

~Please refrain from using chat-speak and CAPs. YOU SHOULD NOT TALK LIKE THIS and u shd nt tk lyk dis!

~Please rate your works. If there is mature content, like the F-word or sex scenes, please rate it R.

If you have a question or need help with something, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:02 am
fluteluvr77 says...

^_^ I love your username. Mhm. Just thought I'd throw that out there...
Anyway! Welcome to YWS! My name is Flute (I'm one of the greeters) and I'm here to tell you about some of the awesome features of this site.
OMG!! Vous parlez francais? Je parle francais un peu...C'est mon classe favori. Mais, j'habite aux Etats-Uni. Alors, anglais est la langue premier pour moi. Et toi?
There's this thread in the Lounge called Will Review For Food. The WRFF thread is where you can post if you want a review for any of your works...
Here's the link - forum188.html
As I'm sure you've noticed, some of the users have different colored usernames. Blues are greeters, purples are instructors, reds are admins, greens are moderators, and oranges are distinguished members (retired mods or admins). Users who are purple are great people to request reviews from; that's what they specialize in...
This is the thread to check out - topic50895.html
And, last of all, I want to tell you about a special event that we're having in YWS today! It's known as the greeter reality show. Greeters are recruiting new users to form a team and then...do something with it... :roll: Snoink (the mod who is running the show) isn't exactly telling us what's going on... So, how would you like to join my team? If you want to, just send me a PM by tomorrow.
Peace, love, and chocolate,
Flute Loops<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

Every really new idea looks crazy at first.
— Alfred North Whitehead