z

Young Writers Society

rawr. i am a dinosawr.

Reviews: 4
Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:25 am
Saramander says...

(Hmm... what do I say? Well, I could start with hello...)

Greetings earthlings!

(no)

Bonjour!

(English, please?)

Hello?

... okay, I'm hearing nothing from the parenthesis-voice. This is a good sign.
Anyway, I just joined the site a day or two ago because I was bored and my friend suggested it. I mostly write scifi and fantasy, but occasionally something close-to-home and realistic will slip in there. I'm pretty picky about which stories I'll show other people, so you may not see any, well, actual writing from me for a while. So it goes. :smt096

Live long and prosper! L'chaim!
"Il n'y a qu'un seul bonheur dans cette vie, d'aimer et d'être aimé. " - George Sand

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:45 am
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there!

Well, I'm fragile_heart(!), but you can call me Frag, or Avery (<That's my real name). Welcome to YWS!

Have you heard about our Knowledge Base? Or what about our Will Review For Food thread?
They're these handy little forums that can do all the good in your writing!

So, here at YWS, we have a couple of rules. No chat speak/capitals, no swearing outside of literary forums, two reviews for every one post (2:1 ratio)... The rest can be found here.

Notice the different colored names? Well, those people are called Mentors. They've been chosen to do specific tasks around the site to help make it better! For example; us blues are Greeters, purples are Instructors, reds are Administrators, oranges are Distinguished Members, and dark/light greens are Junior/Moderators!

So, what exactly do these people do? Well, Greeters greet (duh :wink:), Instructors help with reviews and writing tips, Administrators update the site and add new features, Distinguished Members are retired YWSers, and Mods help keep the forums clean and clear and under control.

So, what kind of stuff are you into? Music? Sports?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:57 am
Hannah says...

You have a parenthesis voice!? You are officially my hero, then. I wish I had a parenthesis voice. Do you know if they sell them anywhere else? Ebay? Amazon? And how much are they running for these days? I need one!

I just ate a poptart, so I'm going to ask you what your favorite breakfast food is in addition to the other questions that Frag asked you. ^___^ I'm Hannah, by the way. Since Frag covered most of the useful rules, I suppose I'm free to ask you random questions like this. Teehee~

But one thing I did want to say to you was that you don't have to be afraid of sharing your writing on this website. Everyone else here is a writer as well, and I'm sure a lot of us have qualms about sharing our work with other people. I know I did when I first joined. But, that being said, no one here is out to hurt or insult you -- we're all just trying to share feedback and help each other improve writing in the best way. If you do encounter someone who gives you a harsh review, remember that it's all to help you improve. If you receive a rude review, however, you can feel free to talk to a moderator about it and see if we can't sort the situation out.

Well, since my boyfriend is in the background talking to me as he plays Sonic and I can hardly concentrate, I'm going to talk to you later!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. :]

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:04 am
Sleeping Valor says...

lol. I like your introduction. Welcome to YWS. Ou encore mieux, je vais dire bonjour! *is bilingual*

You've already been harassed with the rules, so I won't bug you. Though I will add that reviewing is a good way to make friends and get people to look at your work. Just a tip.

I have a similar problem with my work, I spend a lot of time debating before I decide what work to share. Though YWS is filled with some very decent people, so if you're worried about it not being good enough then I recommend you share--if only to get feedback to help you improve. (Though there are plenty of other reasons I don't like posting all of my work. *is somewhat possessive of the few ideas she has that seem very original*)

Anyways, PM me anytime if you need anything. Enjoy the site!

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

Reviews: 4
Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:11 am
Saramander says...

Thanks all for the welcome. Now I answer your qwestions:

Music? Industrial, house, darkwave, classic rock, blues, and metal. Also some electronica for to party. :dance:

Sports? Tennis, rowing, x-country. Hockey and rugby are my favorite to watch though, someone always loses a tooth or five.

Breakfast food? I have an unhealthy facination with protein bars... so I usually eat one after I'm finished running in the morning. Although sometimes on the weekends I make pancakes with pecans and chocolate chips and those are good.

Origin of parenthesis voice? Got him down at the Salvation Army. Now I can see why someone gave him up... *pokes voice*

(The end is near!)

See, he's a little bit, erm... spay-shul. >.>;

(Wha'chu say, boy?)

Nuffing...
"Il n'y a qu'un seul bonheur dans cette vie, d'aimer et d'être aimé. " - George Sand

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
— Captain Jack Sparrow