z

Young Writers Society

Let me introduce myself....

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:57 am
Sapphirejay says...

Hi everyone!

My name is Sapphire Jay, but you may also call me Sapphire. I am 14 years old (going to be 15 next month) and I obviously love to write or I would not be here :D I also love to read, learn about everything and anything, create my own worlds for future stories (I love fantasy) and my favorite animals is a wolf and a dragon. I'm also very interested in learning about history.

P.s I crave very harsh reviews but hardly ever get them. I read my stories to just about everyone, I get feedback but not that satisfying, brutally honest review of a piece that I wrote.... I'm not afraid of getting rejected. Haha!

Anyways, I love making new friends, and I'm an all around creative person :D

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:11 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Hey Sapphire ^^ Welcome to YWS! I'm Shina ;) One of the the instructor-greeters here on YWS. It is both my job and my pleasure to greet the newbs of YWS :P

You love writing? Then you're in the perfect place *_* And those loves of reading and learning and history are also a good plus.

D: You like harsh reviews? Oh, you asked for it. The instructors and mods here on YWS will shred your work to pieces, especially if you ask for it. But don't worry ^^ It's all in the hope that you'll improve. So take their suggestions and you'll become 10 times the writer you are write now.

Just a few rules:

No chatspeak. That means no "sup sup dawg" or "hayy gurlfraaan"'s or whatever else texters come up with.

NO CAPS! Or else.

2:1 Ratio. Review two pieces of work before posting any one of yours.

;) Good Luck and Have fun!

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:04 am
BigBadBear says...

Hello! It's so nice to meet you. I'm BigBadBear, but you can call me Jared. Welcome to YWS!

At first, this site seems HUGE, right? I know. When I first came to this site, I felt so small and tiny compared to everything here. After all, there's so much to do, and so much to look at like The Literature Forums where you can post your fiction or poetry. But, please, be courteous to the other members on the site and critique 2 things before you post something of yours. It's easy peasy. After all, if you don't critique other members, why should they critique you?

There is also The Lounge to chat to friends in, Contests to enter, and Writing Tips to read! And that's only scratching the surface! There's so much to do here; I'm positive you'll never get bored on this site. It's incredibly addicting. I'm looking forward to seeing your stories around this site. If you don't mind, would you please message me (Private Messages are found on the top bar of the screen, called Messages) and I will gladly come and critique your work. Shred it, even, :D

Haha, welcome to YWS, again! I hope you have a terrific time here.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:22 am
Boni_Bee says...

Welcome to YWS Sapphire! :D I'm Bonnie. You've come to the right place if you want good critiques!! :) Hope you enjoy your time here!

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:21 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Sapphire and welcome to YWS! You have a lovely name, by the way. It's very pretty and unique. I'm Selene *shakes hand* and it's a pleasure to meet you. ^_^

You may have noticed that members, like Jared and Shina, have different colored usernames. This is because they are part of the YWS staff and each have important jobs in our YWS community.

Blues- Are Greeters, like me! We'll be helping you as best we can these next few days you're here. Greeters welcome new members to the site and help them get acquainted to what goes on around here.

Purples (or Purps)- Are Instructors! They're job is to review work and help people improve their writing skills.

Light Greens- Are Junior Moderators or JMs. BigBadBear is a Junior Mod here and his job is to control a specific forum.
Greens- Are Moderators or Mods. They control all forums and keep everything in check.

Reds- Are our Administrators or Admins! Nate is our head Admin here, since he created YWS, and Firestarter and Meshugenah are Junior Admins. Their job is to make sure YWS runs as smoothly as possible and doesn't self-combust. :razz: I'm kidding, that would never happen. Otherwise, the Admins would be chased down by YWS addicts and fed to the Lit sharks.

Orange- Are our wonderful retired Mods! They are respected for having served YWS for a period of time, but can no longer regulate all the forums.

Don't be afraid to ask these people questions! It's their job to help you, and they're really all kind people willing to give their time to assist you.

If you have a question, or would like a review, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

akdsjfh you know that feeling where you start writing a scene but then you get bored with the scene so you move on and start writing a different scene and then you get bored with that scene so you move on to an entirely different WIP and then you get bored with that so you move on-
— AceassinOfTheMoon