z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:55 pm
Nadia says...

Hi, just registered my account and everything. This is so weird, I've never been around so manny people that love the same things that I do!
A picture is a poem without words

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:17 pm
Emerson says...

Hello Nadia! How do you do? If you have any questions about the site or need help finding your way around, feel free to message me! What kind of writing do you do, anyway? Poetry of fiction, and what genre?

You'll find there are a LOT of people on here. ;-) The good thing is that we're all great, and we love writing! It's easy to make friends here, so I hope you enjoy it!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:34 am
Demeter says...

Hi Nadia, welcome to YWS!

We're such a nice bunch here, like Suzanne said! :D People are very helpful and fun to be around, and I'm sure you'll notice that before long. We're like a little (well, okay, big) and eccentric family, and you're a great addition to it.

Do you have other hobbies/passions than writing? We have, for example, lots of different usergroups for different interests. You'll find them when you click the Groups tab in the upper section of the page.

In any case, welcome again and enjoy your time! Also, if you have any questions about anything, you can always contact me. :)

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:29 pm
View Likes
mizz-iceberg says...

Hey there Nadia! Welcome to YWS!

I really like your name. So yes, do tell us a bit more about yourself. What kind of things are you into? Just a couple of things I'd like you to know:

Please check out the help and support section if you haven't already. It is thorough guide about YWS.

Two basic rules you should know right away:
>Plz dnt typ lyk dis. No chat speaking. We are writers, after all. :)
>Please review at least two posts before going ahead to post something of yours. Try to keep it a 2:1 ratio.

If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to PM me. I'd love to help you. :)
Be sure to drop by in the chat sometime!

See you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:44 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Welcome to YWS, Nadia. I'm Shina ;) one of the instructor-greeters here. It is both my job and my pleasure to greet the newbs of YWS.

Mizz-Iceberg covered most of the basic rules, but I'll just go over a few:

No chatspeak. Which means no "OMG"'s or "Haayyy Gurlfraaaan" or whatever else texters these days come up with .

NO CAPS... or else!

2:1 Ratio. Review two pieces of work before posting one of yours. Things need to circulate somehow.

Be professional, be nice ;)

That's just about it.

GoodLuck & Have Fun

*opens gate to land of awesome*

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:09 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Nadia and welcome to the wonderful world of YWS!

Here are a few more rules and tips for you:

~Please don't use caps. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THIS.

~Please make your reviews at least three sentences long, otherwise it won't count as a review. Also, put thought into each review, so you help the writer improve. After all, that's what reviewing is all about. :D

~Rate your work! If you do this people will know whether to view this or not and it will show up on the main page.

Question time! :D

~Favorite sport?

~Favorite food?

~Have any pets?

If you have a question, or would like a review, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor