z

Young Writers Society

Good afternoon!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:55 pm
View Likes
sciencegeek says...

Good afternoon all. Apparently, I'm meant to come and introduce myself here but I haven't a clue what to say really. Firstly, my name is Bethany but it's unlikely I'll respond to that so Beth is fine. I have a few other random nicknames that have accumulated over the years (Yes, I have heard the 'Bare-Fanny' joke before) so really just call me anything you like. I realise my username is sort of contradictory for the fact I'm on a website about english and I class myself as a science geek. However, my real passion is literature and it always has been. :)

I'm not really sure what else to say, so I'll look forward to chatting to you all and reading your fiction (or non-fiction, as the case may be!).

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:14 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey Beth =]

I'm Dudette!

Welcome to the wacky world of YWS! Everyone here is so friendly and I'm sure you'll make plently of new friends in no time at all!

So... What's your favourite genre to read?

See you around the forums!

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

Random avatar

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:27 pm
sciencegeek says...

Hiya Dudette :)

Thank you. It seems like a very friendly board, though I am slightly worried that my grammar won't be quite up to scratch!

Hmmm, that's a difficult one. To be honest, I seem to read the most random variety of genres. I am a great lover of the classics (Dickens, Brontë, Austen, Kipling, Golding) but I also adore Anthony Burgess, J. D. Salinger and Stephen King. Actually, I've found I'll pretty much give anything a go!

What about you?

(Oh, and I love the song in your signature!)

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:36 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey again =]

Well, I'm pretty much open to reading anything too, but I've been reading a bit of fantasy lately - mostly Harry Potter, Twilight, Jinx ect. Though, even at 18, I'm still a sucker for teenage fiction :roll: I guess it's just easy to pick up and read whenever I feel like reading.

Oh - I forgot to mention that there are a couple of small rules here of YWS - nothing to worry about though =]

I suggest checking them out - you can find them under 'help and support' :)

Yeah - I love Paramore - hence the fact that they appear in my signature lol

What other bands do you like?

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

Random avatar

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:40 pm
sciencegeek says...

I shall check them out, thank you :)

Mmmm, Arctic Monkeys are my all time favourite! I kinda get classed as "Indie" music (whatever that means) due to the fact I listen to random bands that people have never heard of. I'm going to Leeds festival this year, so you can imagine what bands I like. Though, I am a sucker for The Bangles & Blondie (L)

Oh and where in England are you from?

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:46 pm
bludragon525 says...

Hey!!! Welcome to the crazy world of YWS!!!!!! I'm Zoe, but a lot of people go by my username, bludragon. Or even dragon, to make it shorter.

I love, love, love science! And math. And English. Actually, I love any subject but French. :oops: I'm afraid I'm not very good in learning new languages......

I love fantasy too, but I'll read basically anything. Although most of my non-fiction is limited to outer space, the ozone layer, and European history. :)

Sorry to be such a spoilsport, but I think I should list down the rules. Besides, they're not so hard to remember.

1) The 2:1 ratio. That means for every poem/story that you post, you have to complete two reviews. Reviews are generally three lines long.
2) No chat speak or caps. Proper grammar please! (don't worry, it's not that hard. My grammar's pretty bad too.)
3) Rate your work! (ex: R would be pieces that contain swearing, etc.)
4) Follow the rules or the mods will eat you!!!! Just kidding. Everyone's really nice here, except in their reviews. xD

Um, I'll let the greeters (blue) explain the rest. They'll be coming around soon enough.

So..... Favorite colors? Flavor of ice cream? Hobbies besides writing?

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!!!

See ya.

zOe :smt043
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

Random avatar

Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:56 pm
sciencegeek says...

Hiya Zoe :)

Hmm, well I tend to spend most of my money on going to the theatre (I adore musical theatre), music festivals & shopping! My poor little job really doesn't cover it all, unfortunately. I also play guitar in my spare time. (poorly, I imagine).

Mmm, purple is my favourite colour, mainly because my favourite heels are purple ;) And I don't actually like ice cream, I generally think it's vile. Which I hate, because everyone loves it so much and I feel like I'm missing out. Quite strange!

How about you?

And thank you. :)

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:05 am
bludragon525 says...

Hey! (again)

Hm, my favorite color is either green or black, and I absolutely hate it when people say that I should like pink because I'm a girl. :P Most of my friends like pink or purple....

I play the violin and the piano, and I love to spend my spare time reading, doing reviews on YWS :), or solving riddles on Braingle. I like watching musicals too, but my parents won't bring me to the theatre very often. :(

I like ice cream, but I love sorbet and gelato (is that how you spell it?). Um, my favorite flavor is a Greek ice cream, but I can't remember the name. :oops:

I'll see you around!

zOe :smt043
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:42 am
Snoink says...

Wait! Wait! How exactly are you a science geek? :D

I love writing and reading too, but I'm studying to be a biochemical engineer. Yeah, go figure. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery