z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:47 pm
jayray829 says...

Hey guys. My name's Jonathan and I'm new here! I like to play the drums, read, and write. I've done all of these most of my life. My first story was called "Wy I Lik to Skatbord" (and it was spelled like that :roll:). My favorite authors are J.K. Rowling, Dan Brown, and Tom Clancy. I like everything they have ever done. They're amazing! I like to longboard, and I have the scars to prove it. In my free time (like I have any) I make videos with my friends. When I "grow up" I want to be either an author or a particle physicist.

I can't wait to meet you guys and start writing here :D .
Last edited by jayray829 on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:10 pm
bludragon525 says...

Hey Jonathan! Welcome to YWS!!! I'm Zoe, but most people call me bludragon, or just plain Dragon.

You play the drums? I do too! Well, at least, I used to.....

Okay, so there are three basic rules. If you don't follow them, the mods will eat you!!! Just kidding. Most of them are really nice.

1) 2:1 ratio. That means, for every story / poem you write, you have to submit 2 reviews. Reviews are generally 3 lines long.
2) No chat speak or caps. Use proper grammar please!
3) Rate your work. (ex: R would be pieces that contain swearing, etc.)

Those are the basics. Have you noticed the colored names yet? Our little YWS rainbow includes:

Green : Mods
Blue : Greeters
Purple : Instructors (they're the ones you want to go to if you need something reviewed)
Red : Administrators

Now for the hard questions.....
Favorite authors? Favorite books? Flavor of ice cream? If you could be anything in the world, what would it be? Hobbies besides writing, reading, and the drums (and skateboarding :wink: )?

Feel free to PM me if you need anything! Or if you get lost. Believe me, it's easy enough.

See you around!

zOe :D
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:51 pm
Kamas says...

Hi there Johnathan!
I'm Kamas (This * :smt026 * is my smilie)

And welcome to the marvelous site that is YWS!!

Well Dragon covered the basics so I'll make it funner for you.
You can do stuff like blog, post stories, poems and art work.
If you like music you can also post Lyrics, which I haven't tried yet but you could. :smt035

:smt024 You could also... Chat!
There is a chatroom that I am a total regular there.
Though no chatspeak is allowed, some exceptions are avaible just don't abuse the privledge. :smt024

On the blog tell us about yourself!
Who are your drums going? What did you do today? What's your favourite stuff to do?
I love to post surveys and random statements.
You could give a shout in other peoples shoutbox. It's all good fun!

:smt016 Well Thats enough exploring for now.
Have lots and lots of fun and PM me if you have any questions or want to talk.
It's late :thud: Bye bye, hope to see you around.

Kamas~~
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:31 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hello Jonathan! Welcome to the Ol' YWS family! We're a lot, but there's always room for more :P
I'm Kat *sticks out hand for a handshake* and as you can see by my name and by the description dragon has gave you, I'm a Greeter. My job is to greet you, a newbie!

So, hi! <--- pathethic, I know.

lSo, just to add a bit more, I have to ask you to take a couple of mintues to read The Rules. And if you need a few extra help to find your way around here (YWS is a big site) feel free to PM me (the second button at the end of this post and our messaging sistem) or you can go here , a cool article by our very own Mod (green names) alwaysawriter!
Also, if you stick by the rules, you'll be able to keep the Mods and Adms away, which means no trouble xD

If you take a look at the top of the page, you can see a group of buttons, that's what we call the Navigation border. It takes you to pretty much everything ;)

Tell us more about yourself! What genre is ""Wy I Lik to Skatbord"? It soudns ienteresting :P You cna post it here on YWS, if you want good advices and reviews (feel free to click on the link in my signature, if you want one ;) ).
Random questions!
Cupcakes or cookies?
Rock or pop?
Will you miss Mickael Jackson?
And what's your favorite book/author?

Again, PM me if you need anything and have a great day!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 am
Carlito says...

Hey Jonathan, welcome to YWS! :D

I always wanted to play the drums. It always looked fun to me, but I didn't have the patience to get good at it... Percussion is boring :)
*gasp. dies* JK Rowling! I love her. I think she's one of my most favorite people in the universe. If you haven't already, check out the groups. There are about a million, (including a Harry Potter one). I'd recommend joining at least one. They're a lot of fun because you're talking with people the have similar interests as you.
Man I wish I could surf or long board. They're kind of similar right? Or am I just making stuff up again? :)

So...Are you ready for some hard questions?
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? If could see any band/singer in concert and hang out with them for an hour afterwords, who would you see? What's your baked good of choice? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:15 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey Jonathan! Welcome! I see that you've already been assaulted by a horde of members, so I'll join in the fray. :)

So, you like physics? I admit, I prefer biology to physics, but I find nuclear fission and fusion interesting. Biology is just that much more interesting, with genetics and the systems of the body, etcetera.

Well, moving on. What types of videos do you make with your friends? Funny ones, random ones, what type? My friends have started a group called Random Tendon (long story) and they make videos, and some of them are up on youtube. However, most of them they keep to themselves. A shame, since the ones that they keep to themselves are really funny.

Anyway, why don't you tell us more about yourself? What are your hobbies? What do you like to read and write? Is there anyone in particular who inspires you? Do you have anything else you want to share with anyone?

Well, I hope to see you around sometime, Jonathan. If there's anything you need, go ahead and PM me. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
— A.A. Milne