z

Young Writers Society

Well, hello there

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:48 pm
certainromances. says...

Ah, I feel so awkward doing this. I usually never post a 'Hey I'm new' thing when I join forums. I just try to blend in with the people, but on this forum I felt that it would be more appropriate to do so.

So, hi :)

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:55 pm
Wolf says...

Hey! :D

So, uh ... welcome to YWS? it's a great site, really. i have to admit i haven't been on much these past few months, but i'm trying to be more active now that's school's out and my social life has loosened up a bit. ^^;

i hope you enjoy yourself here, and learn lots - you probably will; there's so much going on here like, all the time. you cna PM me if you want if you have any questions or anything :)

Cheers,
Camille<3

PS. love your username!
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:05 pm
certainromances. says...

Thanks.
I've been using this user name on a lot of forums though, not creative enough to come up with a new one xD

By the way, is it OK to use emoticons like - xD >< >_> ?
'Cause I use them quite often.

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:10 pm
Wolf says...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. If it isn't, well, a lot of members are in trouble then. >:D Me included. A lot of people use them; just don't use them in actual writing. I sound like I'm patronizing you when I say that though, 'cause that goes without saying right?

Gaaah. Patronizepatronizepatronize. I'm sorry D:
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:11 pm
Kaylyn says...

Hello, and welcome to the great site of YWS! :) Just some rules: So dont use chat speak such as rofl, lol, and such. Also use good grammar. It makes the readers head hurt to decipher bad grammar. You may also notice that some people have different colors in their names. Light blue means Greeter and we greet new people, Purple are Instructors and they help out. Green are moderators. So thats just some basics. :) If you have any questions about anything, PM me. I'll be happy to help. See ya round the forums!!!

~Kaylyn
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:11 pm
bludragon525 says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS!!!!

Okay, so there are three basic rules. 1) The 2:1 ratio. That means for every story/poem you post, you have to do two reviews. Reviews are generally three lines long. 2) No chat speak or caps. We would really appreciate it if you use proper grammar. And caps, well, caps just give some people headaches. :) 3) Rate your work! (ex: R would be a piece that has swearing, etc.)

Have you noticed our colorful rainbow yet? Each of those stand for a different position. Black are just regular members (like you and me) but there are different colors too!

Green : Mods
Blue : Greeters
Purple : Intructors
Red : Administrators

Well, now tell us about yourself. Favorite authors? Hobbies besides writing? Favorite ice cream flavor?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me? (or if you get lost. Believe me, it's not that hard)

See ya around!

zOe
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:36 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey certainroses.! Should I call you that? Anyway, I'm Chloe, but you can call me by user-name, or a nickname for either of the two.

It's perfectly fine to use those types of emoticons. You can use Rofl, lol, and others, but don't overuse then. Every ten posts is okay ;)

So, would ya like to know what those cool stars under avatars are?
Ze Yellow Stars
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star
750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars
1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star
1250 Reviews = 5 Red Stars
Most of us aren't even close to getting a red star, so no worries ;)

So, feel free to PM me if you need any help, or would like me to critique something you've written!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:24 am
How2EataRhesus says...

Hey certainromances., I'm Rhee. Welcome to the forum. =)
As usual, everybody has already covered the basic rules, I see. :3 I've just come over to say hello. (We're a little enthusiastic about the greeting process - have you noticed that yet? ;D )
I too love your username. :) It's very pretty and I can't decide whether it reminds me of Austen or Fitzgerald or both. On the other hand, I do hate mine. xD People keep thinking I'm some sort of exotic chocolate bar.
So tell us more about yourself! What do you like to write? Read? Eat in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep and the refrigerator looks so lonely, sitting there making ice cubes all by itself?
No, seriously. We want to know. We're very nosy, and besides, we need inspiration for characters. xD
Anyway, welcome to YWS! PM any of us if you have any questions.
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

Turn your demons into art, your shadow into a friend, your fear into fuel, your failures into teachers, your weaknesses into reasons to keep fighting. Don’t waste your pain. Recycle your heart.
— Andréa Balt