z

Young Writers Society

Hello,,, I'm a new member..

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:47 am
wizardwrite says...

Hello, I'm a new member of this site. I hope that all of you will be my friends while I (also all of you) improve my writing skills ( or maybe discover). thanks :D

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:20 am
Kamas says...

Hi there Wizard!

I'm Kamas and here to welcome you to this marvelous site called YWS.
It looks like I got here before the famous YWS welcome wagon :D

Well then, 2 basic things you want to know.

1. Rules
2. The YWS colours

Rules :D (they aren't to bad)

- A 2:1 ratio. 2 reviews for each of your own posts. A review is at least three lines that you write about someone's work. You should see the lengths some users go to. :shock:

- No chatspeak (some exceptions in the Chatroom) It may be a chatroom but this is a writers site.

- No caps, BECAUSE THIS IS ANNOYING. :smt003

- Ratings. Your posts should be rated. You don't want to offend people. Rate your work R if it contains swearing and graphic content

Colours (Warning prepare yourself for the Blus vs Purps War)

Blue: Greeters. :smt006 They greet nexbie to YWS.

Purple: Instructors. :smt024 They always give the best reviews and the lonest ones :smt042

Light green: Junior Moderators. :smt023 They're all loveable, hugable creatures who are future mods.

Dark Green: Moderators. :smt044 Well past junior mods.... They're loveable creatures too!

Red: Nate The ruler and creator of this brain washing site *bows down* :smt029 and the Admins. They keep this site as amazing as it is :smt041

Orange: Distinguised members. They are retirees cause they can't post much, but when they do it's looking at :smt040

Well thats all you need to know for now.
You'll get the change of things quickly *nods* i know you will.

Tell us about yourself in About the Authors or even here
It'll be great to see you around

PM if you hve any questions I love questions

Kamas ( :smt026 <---this is me)
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:07 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Wizard, welcome to YWS! :D

Miss Kamas covered the rules and what not so I'm just going to give you some advice to make your time here much more fun :) Basically, just explore. There is a lot to this site and I can't even begin to describe it all to you, so just check out all the boards, find all the deep, dark secrets. :)
If you haven't already, the Groups are really worth checking out. There are about a million so there are bound to be some that you like and want to join. Don't hesitate to join either. They're a great way to make some fast friends because you'll be talking with people that have really similar interests as you.

So now for the super hard questions...
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? If you could meet one author and talk to them for an hour, asking them whatever you wanted, who would you meet? What's your baked good of choice? If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:49 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there! Welcome to YWS!

You say you want to meet friends. Well, first off, the best way to do that is to post an about the author in the appropriate thread. That's where people find out what you're into, and think "Hey, this person likes (insertthinghere) too!" and then add you as a friend. Also, if you go on chat, that's a lot of fun. You don't have to give anything crazy away, but you just have a blast talking and playing games. That's how I made a bunch of friends. :D

Have you checked out the Knowledge Base? That could help you improve (or maybe discover) your writing skills. There's poetry help, writing help, grammer help, and YWS help. If you go up at the top of the screen to Resources, it's right there under the 101 tips for writers (which I don't think works...)

Anyways, ta ta, and feel free to PM me with questions or friend requests!

- Fragg

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:49 pm
Roo 2 says...

Hi Wizardwrite! (Is that what you what us to call you, or do you have another nickname in mind?)

I'm Roo and I'd love to be your friend! (Actually, I think everyone on this site would love to be your friend. We all love friends. We're friend fools. ;) ) I think I'll add you right this second. :D

So, what are you working on writing-wise right now? A novel? Poetry? Short stories? Thinking about one? I'm a novelist myself, but I'm a proud supporter of all types of writing. My favorite genres to write are romance, fantasy, and sci-fi, what are yours? What are some of your favorite books or authors?

I'd love to critique your writing when you post some, so PM me whenever! Actually, PM me anytime you feel lost on the site or just need a friend, I'd love to help or chat! :)

It's going to be great getting to know you, I'll see you around the forums!

<3,
-Roo
If all the world is but a dream---fantastic posing greed---then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me.

---
Roo loves yoo. <3

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:27 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hiya Wizardwrite! I'm Chloe, but you can call me by my user-name if you'd like. Or call me by a nickname of one of the two.

So, the others covered most of what you need to know, but I have a little more to add :D

You might have seen some cool titles under the user-names of others. Guess what each one stands for?
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist (when you get your snazzy custom title): 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts
Master of the Forum: 1,000+ posts

So, feel free to PM me if you need help, or would like me to critique something you've written.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

"Be yourself" is not advice. It's an existential crisis waiting to happen.
— Hank Green