z

Young Writers Society

Hi everyone?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:30 pm
iceprincess says...

So...I'm Rosemarie. Not Rosemary, but Rosemarie. Like Rosemarie Hathaway of the Vampire Academy series. :lol: Nice to meet you. :)

I live in Hong Kong, and am thirteen years old. Even though I'm only 13, people usually say that I'm mature for my age, but I really don't think so.

Anyway, I like writing short stories and novels. I hope people will enjoy my stories in the very near future! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobbies:

‧reading
‧writing stories (duh!)
‧listening to songs
‧playing online games like Starcraft
‧pogo-stick jumping
‧ballet
‧surfing the web

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Favourite subjects:

‧English
‧Korean
‧French
‧History
‧Chemistry
‧Physics

Languages I can understand:

‧Cantonese
‧Mandarin
‧English
‧Korean (still learning)
‧French (still learning)

Other things I like:

‧Rilakkuma (he's a bear~)
‧Kuromi
‧Winnie The Pooh
‧cats (I have two now, one male Russian Blue called Heenim and my new kitten Pelagia, also a Russian Blue)
‧kawaii (cute) things
‧black (My bedroom walls are painted black. Really! I painted it all by myself)
‧sky blue
‧sweets and ice-cream
‧DBSK (Korean band? idol group?)
‧Super Junior (same as DBSK)
‧SHINee (same as Super Junior)
‧U-KISS (same as SHINee)
‧One Day (same as U-KISS)

I don't like:

‧Math
‧Chinese (I suck at it, even though I am Chinese)
‧seafood
‧stuck-up people (how ironic)
‧people who write 2 me liek dis
‧dogs
‧insects and bugs

I hope we can be friends!

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:42 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

Hi Rosemarie! Welcome to YWS! *throws confetti*

First the not so fun stuff...

Rules

--Chat speak is not allowed. dnt tlk lyke dis. This is a writing site. We tend to frown upon bad grammar.
--Try to keep to a rule we call the 2:1 ratio. For every piece of work you post, review two works of others.
--Keep cursing inside the literary forums -- that is, swearing is only acceptable in a story you've posted.
--Rate your writing that you post accordingly. If your story involves a crazy serial killer beheading and cooking up his victims in a casserole, it should probably not be rated G. :) Any f-bombs are an automatic R rating.

You may be wondering why some user names are colored...

Blue: Greeters! They greet new members here in the welcome forum.
Purple: Like me! We're instructors, the super-critiquers of YWS.
Light Green: Junior mods. They do moderating stuff. :)
Dark Green: Moderators. They do moderating stuff too! xD

You seem to like languages. I do as well! I just love to learn them. I speak French as well. I'd love to learn Mandarin.

So, what authors do you like? What's your favorite book? Any particular genres you write?

PM (private message)me if you have any questions!

This is a great place!

--Antigone
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:02 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Rosemarie, welcome to YWS! :D

Love that name by the way, it's so pretty! And it is super cool that you're from Hong Kong. I don't think I've meet anyone on this site from Hong Kong yet. :)
Vous parlez francais un peu aussi? :) (Not sure if that was completely correct but you can probably get the gist of it :))
You can speak so many languages! I'm so jealous! :D I can only speak English and some French. I really want to learn Portuguese though... Does your school offer all of those languages or did you just learn them yourself?
I hate pretty much everything you hate except dogs, I love dogs :) Why don't you like them? That's funny that you don't like Chinese either, is it hard to learn? That's what I've always heard.

So make sure you check out the groups, there are about a million so there are bound to be some that you like and want to join. Don't hesitate to join them either because everyone is really nice and friendly and Groups are a great way to make friends because you'll be talking to people that have really similar interests to you :)

So now for some hard questions, (even though I've already asked like a hundred :))
What's your favorite kind of pie? What's your baked good of choice? What's your favorite kind of berry? If you were a shoe what kind of shoe would you be and why? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

84 Reviews

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:12 pm
iceprincess says...

Hi Antigone! :D

Rules

--Chat speak is not allowed. dnt tlk lyke dis. This is a writing site. We tend to frown upon bad grammar.

I really don't like people writing like this either. ^ ^

So, what authors do you like? What's your favorite book? Any particular genres you write?

I like a lot of authors, but my favourites are Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, the Bronte sisters (they are practically writing geniuses!) and J.R.R Tolkien.

My favourite book is Wuthering Heights, but the Lord of The Rings series nearly is as good as it. :o

Hmm...I write all genres, but I particularly like fantasy, because I can create anything out of nothing. (I sound like an idiot, don't I?)

Anyway, nice to meet you Antigone! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Carly! :D
Love that name by the way, it's so pretty! And it is super cool that you're from Hong Kong. I don't think I've meet anyone on this site from Hong Kong yet.

Thanks...*blushes* I really don't think Hong Kongers like writing much. They prefer meddling in science labs, if you know what I mean.

Vous parlez francais un peu aussi?

Oui! :D But just a bit, I'm still learning from my mum.

You can speak so many languages! I'm so jealous! I can only speak English and some French. I really want to learn Portuguese though... Does your school offer all of those languages or did you just learn them yourself?

My school only offers Chinese, English and Mandarin, so I have to learn French from my mother who can speak it fluently, and Korean from my friends.

I hate pretty much everything you hate except dogs, I love dogs :D Why don't you like them? That's funny that you don't like Chinese either, is it hard to learn? That's what I've always heard.

I used to like dogs until one bit me and left a nasty scar on my right ankle. :( I don't like Chinese because it's very hard for me. Even though I am Chinese, English is my first language and I usually speak English at home. My parents, oddly enough, don't encourage me to speak Cantonese and Mandarin either.

So make sure you check out the groups, there are about a million so there are bound to be some that you like and want to join. Don't hesitate to join them either because everyone is really nice and friendly and Groups are a great way to make friends because you'll be talking to people that have really similar interests to you :D

I will! Thanks for the tip! :D

So now for some hard questions, (even though I've already asked like a hundred )
What's your favorite kind of pie? What's your baked good of choice? What's your favorite kind of berry? If you were a shoe what kind of shoe would you be and why? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

Hmm... I like shepherds' pie =]
Baked goodie? Um...Cheesecake :D
Favourite kind of berry? Raspberry, of course!
If I was a shoe...I would be a pair of soft ballet shoes, just because I like ballet. :D
If I was a marine biologist...I would study dolphins, because they are really intelligent and even though there are a lot research on dolphins, it won't hurt to know more about them.

Nice to meet you, Carly!=]

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:26 pm
tinny says...

Hi! :D welcome to YWS!

You have one of the most adorable avatars I've ever seen XD

I have to admit, I am somewhat jealous of your multi-lingual skills, the only language I speak apart from English is a little bit of very very rusty German, haha.

DBSK! Super Junior! I've heard of SHINee but don't think I've heard anything by them; I used to have a friend that was pretty big into Kpop and she'd send me random songs to listen to. I still have a big soft spot for SuJu's Don't Don <3

Well, here's hoping I'll see you around! If you have any questions or just want to bug someone, then feel free to shoot me a PM ^___^
Last edited by tinny on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:37 pm
Juniper says...

iceprincess wrote:‧people who write 2 me liek dis

Eeep! One rule down! We have a no chatspeak rule that enforces proper spelling at all times. So, you'll be pretty well off, I assume!

Anyway! Hi! I'm June! Nice to meet you. :) You can call me June, Juniper, rain, spring, anything really-- some people cal me grain. :P

And yay! You like cats! Cats are just the cutest little things ever. *takes your Russian blues*

Of names you mentioned, I only heard of DBSK. I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to cool things outside of America. XD

Haha, it seems a lot of people who write don't like Math. I don't blame you! It was my worst enemy throughout high school. Who needs anything more than addition, subtraction, multiplication and division? ;)

But! Physics! So much fun! Unless they get to the hard parts. And Chemistry was fun, too. =D

So! I hope you enjoy YWS. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post them here. ;)

Welcome aboard, Rosemarie!

June

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:00 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Hi. Welcome to YWS! What sort of stories/novels do you write?

Jas
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:03 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Hi Rosemarie ^^ Welcome to YWS! I'm Shina ;) One of the greeters here, but I'm in purple mode right now because I'm also an instructor xD

Yeah, it's confusing.

Wow?! From Hong Kong? D: The others are right! I don't think we've met anyone from Hong Kong yet!

And wow, you speak a lot of languages! *envies* xD I speak english... And I'm taking Spanish in school, but you've just inspired me to learn some more languages (and stick to my promises when I say "I'm going to learn to speak tagalog"[native language])

I understand what you mean about the science thing xD Maybe you can inspire some writing for them!

Since everyone seems to have covered most of the rules and you look like you're fitting in just fine, I'll offer my piece of advice:

Take advantage of YWS. Yes, take advantage of it. The people on here have so much information, lessons, critiques, advice, and help to offer that it almost seems crazy that it's free.

Take the suggestions of the instructors, they'll make you ten times to writer you already are.

Just jump in! Go out there and be active.

Welcome again ^^
-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:17 pm
JabberHut says...

Hello!

The name's JabberHut, but you can call me any variety of the name. If you check my blog in my profile, you'd see over 40 nicknames that some people call me. It gets rather ridiculous but fun nonetheless! ^_^

I wish I could say my favorite subject is Korean. XD That is just awesome.

Rilakkuma? You know a bear too?! =D I do too! His name is... BigBadBear, but yes!

I would like to think we're already friends! O: You're the most amazing person evar, and I love your name. Ice Princess is a cute movie. *nods*

I know I was terribly confused when I first came to YWS, so you can feel comfortable asking me a question. No question's a stupid question! Although, you already found the [quote] button, so you're off to a great start. XD

See you around, friend! =D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

84 Reviews

Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:23 am
iceprincess says...

@little tin fish:

Hi there! =]

You have one of the most adorable avatars I've ever seen XD

I have to admit, I am somewhat jelous of your multi-lingual skills, the only language I speak apart from English is a little bit of very very rusty German, haha.

Thanks...*blushes even harder*

DBSK! Super Junior! I've heard of SHINee but don't think I've heard anything by them; I used to have a friend that was pretty big into Kpop and she'd send me random songs to listen to. I still have a big soft spot for SuJu's Don't Don <3

Yeah...I like Don't Don too xD

Nice to meet you! =]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Juniper:

Hi June! =]

And yay! You like cats! Cats are just the cutest little things ever. *takes your Russian blues*

I totally agree with you. But please don't take my Russian Blues; take my sister's Siamese cats! xD

Haha, it seems a lot of people who write don't like Math. I don't blame you! It was my worst enemy throughout high school. Who needs anything more than addition, subtraction, multiplication and division?

You're right! I mean, I don't think we need calculus to get though daily life!

Anyway, see you around! ^ ^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Jasmine Hart:

Hi Jas! =]

Hi. Welcome to YWS! What sort of stories/novels do you write?

I write (usually) fantasy stories, but I'll be posting a thriller one up within these few days!

Nice to meet you!^ ^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@angels-symphony:

Hello Shina! =]

Wow?! From Hong Kong? D: The others are right! I don't think we've met anyone from Hong Kong yet!

Good! Then I'll be the first! xD

And wow, you speak a lot of languages! *envies* xD I speak english... And I'm taking Spanish in school, but you've just inspired me to learn some more languages (and stick to my promises when I say "I'm going to learn to speak tagalog"[native language])

If you learn Tagalog, can you teach me as well? Pretty please with a huge cherry on top? xD

Take advantage of YWS. Yes, take advantage of it. The people on here have so much information, lessons, critiques, advice, and help to offer that it almost seems crazy that it's free.

Take the suggestions of the instructors, they'll make you ten times to writer you already are.

Thanks for the tip! =]

Anyway, see you! ^ ^

@JabberHut:

Hmm...I shall call you Jabber then.

Hi Jabber! ^ ^

I wish I could say my favorite subject is Korean. XD That is just awesome.

Rilakkuma? You know a bear too?! =D I do too! His name is... BigBadBear, but yes!

Thanks...*blushes even harder*

BigBadBear? Can I know him too? (What kind of question is that?xD)

Quote:

I would like to think we're already friends! O: You're the most amazing person evar, and I love your name. Ice Princess is a cute movie. *nods*

Good! Thanks a lot!

...But I just can't believe how you found out that I used the movie's name as my username. And yes, Ice Princess is a really cute movie! xD

See you around, Jabber! ^ ^

"People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
— V for Vendetta