z

Young Writers Society

Introducing C.C. Dupree

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:51 am
Youth-Disturbed says...

I am C.C. Dupree, the author of the new blog "Youth-Disturbed" (really new, I just posted the first post >.>). This is Youth-Disturbed YWS Edition; a blog for teens and young adults that reveals the insane insights of true life as it really is.

I plan to post small portions of my MotherBlog onto this site for review and hope you might find it interesting enough to visit.

Writing is a passion of mine and I plan to give critiques on some of the writings here. The fantasy forums will most likely be where you'll find me on the occasions when I'm not blogging. At the same time, I really enjoy art and anime/manga is my favorite art form, though I also love the camera.

I hope you find my postings interesting and insightful.

<3
C.C.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am
peanutgallery007 says...

awesome! Can't wait to read them! ;)

So, I take it you already know the YWS rules? If not, feel free to ask on this thread or PM me. If so, well, then I guess I'm not needed, haha. :lol:

Anyway, are you planning to post any of your own personal pieces? I hope so! Lemme know when you do and I'll read them! (as long as they aren't R- rated).
Another question; are you a fellow poetry lover? *hopes so*

~April

P.S. feel free to contact me any time! :D
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:42 pm
Youth-Disturbed says...

Hiya April! Of course, I love poetry! Poe is my favorite! >:D

And thanks for greeting me! :)

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:31 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Hi C.C. Dupree ^^ Welcome to YWS.

I'm Shina, one of the insctructors on YWS *pokes purple title*. I used to be a greeter, the people with the blue titles, but now I'm a purblue =_= Meaning I'm both.

Welcome to YWS! Welcome to the party!

Think of YWS like that magical island you find after being shipwrecked *_*

We do have some rules, though:

2:1 Ratio. Always review 2 pieces of work before posting one of yours. It keeps the flow of things.

Reviews aren't "Hey man! That was really, really, totally awesome story." They're when you talk about the positives and negatives of a piece as well as the piece overall.

No chatspeak! Which means no "Hey Hey Gurlfraaaaaaan!" or "OMGSHHHH I H8 you, boi." Only use proper spelling and grammar ;)

No caps! It makes people ill :P

Don't take all reviews to heart. Take advantage of the resources on this site and listen to the suggestions you receive. They'll make you ten times the writer you are now ;)

Good Luck & Have Fun

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:02 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Heya Dupree!

Welcome to YWS!

I'm Mizz Iceberg.

Yes, writing is a common passion here at YWS, and I see you also look forward to critiquing, so you'll fit right in!

I'll be sure to keep a look out for in the fantasy forum.

If you any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

See you around!

-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:26 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey Youth! We've met on Chat, so I needn't introduce myself, but once again I say welcome to YWS!

So I hope you stick around. Definitely try doing some critiques, and post something!

Just some extra things:

-Look for The Knowledge Base under resources. There's lots of useful articles in there by YWSers about stuff you never thought you'd have to know but will serve you well in later life. Also, some are quite funny :)

-The colours:

Red: Admins: Kings and Queens of YWS. A la Narnia, Nate is the High King and our creator.

Green: Modly Mods: Below the admins, they make up Big Brother. They are always watching. Always.

No really. They're like the police, they'll get you in trouble, but also go to them when you need help like locking or moving a topic or if someone on the site is bothering you.

Light green: Junior Mods: The JMods are a bit like Mods but with less power and they're confined to one specific area of the forums.

Purrple: Instructors: Like me! The instructors will help you improve your writing through critiques and stuff, contact them if you have writing issues.

Blue: Greeters: The Greeters are here to show you your way around while you get on your feet.

Also, check out The Buddy System (topic20053.html), if you'd like a mentor for your first while here!

Hope I helped! Feel free to hit the PM button on the bottom of this post if you have any questions you'd like to ask me!

-Stella!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

The secret of being tiresome is to tell everything.
— Voltaire