z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:04 am
Zoya says...

Hello everyone I'm new here! I'm best friends with Snoink and um...don't know what else to write about myself. >.> Um yea so here's a Kerby dance!!

(>")><( ' ' )><("<)(>")><( ' ' )><("<)(>")><( ' ' )><("<)(>")><( ' ' )><("<)

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:50 am
Meep(: says...

Oh gosh, the Kerby dance is awesomesauce XD
O_O You're best friends with Snoink? O:

Anyway, a big welcome to our YWS family, Zoya! :D
I'm Meep(:, a Greeter/Bluey.
There are a few rules I need to go through first, standard procedure ;)
1) Keep chatspeak and CAPS lock to an absolute minimal, please.
2) For every 1 piece of work you post, review 2 others not done by you.
3) Rate your works appropriately, please. Vulgar language and adult content get 'R' ratings.

Anyhoo, so tell us more about yourself! (And dish the dirt on Snoinky! [I'm kidding])
What kind of stuff do you write about? Any favourite book genres, books, author, music, band? :D

Well, if you've got any questions, feel free to bug Snoink to no end- err, I mean, feel free to PM me! :D
Have a jolly day! :)
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:01 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there, Zoya!

You're best friends with Snoink? That's awesome :)

Well, I'm fragile_heart(!), but you can call me Frag, or Avery (<That's my real name). Welcome to YWS!

Have you heard about our Knowledge Base? Or what about our Will Review for Food thread? They're these handy little forums that can do all the good in your writing!

So, what kind of stuff are you into? Music? Sports?

Ta ta!

- Fragg

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:33 am
Snoink says...

Meep(: wrote:Well, if you've got any questions, feel free to bug Snoink to no end- err, I mean, feel free to PM me! :D
Have a jolly day! :)
~Meep(:

I love you too. :P

Rules!

DO NOT USE CAPS. OR ANYTHING. IN FACT, DO NOT WRITE. WRITING IS EVIL. WHY? BECAUSE WRITING NEEDS APPLESAUCE. AND APPLE SAUCE IS EVIL.

ALSO, THE MODERATORS ARE EVIL. THE MODERATORS ARE IN GREEN. THEY ARE IN GREEN BECAUSE THEY ARE CAMOUFLAGED. BECAUSE THEY ARE EVIL. THEY WILL TRY TO KILL YOU.

THE ADMINISTRATORS ARE IN RED, WHICH MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE AN EASY TARGET, BUT THEY ARE EVIL AS WELL. THEY ARE RED FROM THE BLOOD OF THE MEMBERS THEY HAVE KILLED.

THE INSTRUCTORS ARE PURPLE. THEY ARE PURPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE BARNEY CLONES. AND BARNEY CLONES ARE EVIL. THEY GO AROUND THE SITE PRETENDING TO CRITIQUE WORKS, BUT THEY DON'T REALLY CRITIQUE WORKS. THEY JUST SING "I LOVE YOU" UNTIL YOUR HEAD EXPLODES. EVIL.

THE GREETERS ARE IN BLUE. THIS IS BECAUSE THEY ARE SMURFS. AND SMURFS ARE EVIL. WE ALL KNOW SMURFS TO BE COMMUNIST SPIES. AND COMMUNIST SPIES ARE EVIL.

So basically? Welcome to the most evil site on the internet! You'll be sure to feel at home. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:10 pm
Linx says...

THE INSTRUCTORS ARE PURPLE. THEY ARE PURPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE BARNEY CLONES. AND BARNEY CLONES ARE EVIL. THEY GO AROUND THE SITE PRETENDING TO CRITIQUE WORKS, BUT THEY DON'T REALLY CRITIQUE WORKS. THEY JUST SING "I LOVE YOU" UNTIL YOUR HEAD EXPLODES. EVIL.

I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU.

*cough*

Welcome to YWS, Rina's bst friend! Sad to say, that is what you will be probably be known as here on YWS: Snoink's best friend.

:arrow: But! Here on YWS, we have blogs. Everyone loves reading and writing blogs because blogs are awesome. If you want to make a blog, just click the Blog button on the top header of your screen. Then press Blog Control Panel and make your blog.

Because blogs are awesome. :twisted:

er.... :smt053

:arrow: We also have a point system here on the site. Basically, whenever you review or reply in a certain forum, you get 50 points? sweetness, right? But if you post a story or a poem, you lose 150 of those points and get 50 in return. Which means you only lose 100.

We also have a list of the members with the most points, which you can see on the front page. June is in the lead right now. You should try and beat her. :wink:

:arrow: And yes, if you have any questions about the site, feel free to bother me any time. Rina probably knows more than I do (did I mention she is a YWS goddess?), but she might hurt me if I say go to her. :P

I hope you enjoy YWS and all our [s]wacko[/s] wonderful members!

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:11 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

You're best friends with Snoink? 0_o... Wow, that'll definitely give you a headstart.

Anyway, hello! I'm Stella, call me Stella, the name's Stella! Well, basically, I think everyone's given you the lowdown, Barney is evil, Smurfs are evil, what actually is evil, (caps, chatspeak), all the evilness going on about here... Completely evil plans and such...

So what do you write/draw/do with your life in general? What sort of music, books etc. are you into?

I hope I'll see you around!

-Stella!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:27 pm
Rosendorn says...

THE GREETERS ARE IN BLUE. THIS IS BECAUSE THEY ARE SMURFS. AND SMURFS ARE EVIL. WE ALL KNOW SMURFS TO BE COMMUNIST SPIES. AND COMMUNIST SPIES ARE EVIL.

Ahem, yes. Greeters spy on you to make sure you don't break any rules of the site because you're new. :twisted:

*Cough*

That comes from the fact I'm a greeter. Just wait until the next war comes around. Ill show off my blue coat then. ;) (And purps reading this know what that means. Hehe)

Anyways! I think everybody else's given you the run-down of the place. I just wanted to say hi and welcome! ^_^

Feel free to bug me if you need anything.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:49 pm
Juniper says...

Welcome home, welcome home!

Don't listen to Rosey. Greeters just take your cookies and say hi. And if you ask them stuff, they're pretty helpful. But, after all, they're smurfs, so you know.

And! I can't really find anything to say other than if you need anything come to me. Snoink broke rules in all caps, so! That means... I don't know. XD

But welcome home!

... Did I mention that I'm June? XD

Juniper ;)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:05 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:*Cough*

That comes from the fact I'm a greeter. Just wait until the next war comes around. Ill show off my blue coat then. ;) (And purps reading this know what that means. Hehe)

~Rosey

Welcome to YWS, Zoya!! Where have you been?!
I'm Shina, one of the purblues like Rosey and I am yet to decide whether show off my blue coat in the next war or try purple. So right now, my answer it "Pat Buchanan" or :smt119

Looks like Snoink just about covered it...*head/desk*

Well, since it seems like there's nothing else to say I'll try to introduce you to people using smilies!

:pirate1: <--- this is Teague, Queen of the Cacti!

:smt035 <--- This is Jared (bigbadbear), but it should be violin.

:smt027 <--- This is Hawkie, she's a super Avatar fan!

:smt029 <--- This is Nate. He rules YWS.

:smt020 <---- Meet Music (Musicaloo7311)

:smt013 <--- People from TW sound like this

:smt051 <--- Hey look! It's me! Angel's-Symphony xD (Shina)

:pirate2: <--- Samuel Garrison, but lest pirate-y and more colonial.

:elephant: <--- This is the dancing elephant. He is often used.

:smt068 <--- It's Gal (galerius)! The ten-year old girl on YWS who's going to be 11 soon!

:smt061 <--- Stella Thomas! She's just like Dorothy *nods*

:smt075 <---- this is what happens when the mods catch you with caps, and by "you", I mean everyone with a title below green.

:smt100 <--- Most newbs look like this.

:smt113 <-- This was June (springrain) on June 29th.
But usually she's working overtime like this ---> :smt024 She tries (and usually succeeds) in making sure everything is reviewed.

:smt050 <---- Meet Rosey, she's the one who owns the color pink on this site and who comes up whenever unicorns are being spoken about.

:smt079 <--- Meet Evi (should have pink hair), one of the younger YWS members like me who seem all nice and friendly...until she reviews you.

:smt117 <---- This is Jabbs (jabberhut), just imagine this smilie without the smile guy and the chicken, and you've got a hut!

:smt034 <---- Meet Lin. She does the the YWS news.

:smt106 <---- This is Demi (demeter), she's Simba!

:smt064 <--- This is Pork (prokaryote). He's umm... The smilie says it all :P

:smt062 <---- What usually happens during the Purps Vs. Blue wars

:smt022 <--- People before YWS

:smt017 <---- When the new members first get online

:smt006 <---- And then the greeters come and say "hi" to them.

:smt055 :smt040 :smt007 <---- The new members once they get the hang of things

:smt074 <---- And then the instructors come in and shred their work....

:smt089 <---- they end up, like this.

:smt044 <--- And after they realize how much better their work is, like this.

:smt045 Mhmmm, and that's the summary of YWS in smilies.

Any questions? Or are you good to go :smt023 ?
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:25 am
Nate says...

A best friend of Snoink's? Who the heck is Snoink?

;)

Welcome to the site!

5 Reviews

Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:34 am
Zoya says...

Wow lots of questions thanks everyone for replying and being so friendly. :D Ok well that's a lot of questions O.o so let me try to answer them by telling you a bit about myself! My name is Michelle but i also go by Zoya. I enjoy drawing, playing games(video, card, table top etc.), listening to music, and attempting to write or write and draw (woot comics!). I like most kinds of music my favorite would be industrial, metal, and folk metal but i like everything from opera to country. I only really dislike most rap & new punk. Ok i think that's a bit about me hehe I guess if anyone wants to know more just ask hehe ^_^' yea I'm only slightly nervous. XD

(oh and i tend to have bad spelling but i generally spell check important things like stories) Hmm i must say though this spell checker makes things easier too. ;)

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:30 pm
Bobo says...

What kind of drawings do you... uh... draw?

5 Reviews

Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:35 pm
Zoya says...

Well i love to draw fantasy things like elves and such. My style is somewhat cartoony but I'm trying to do comics (a few guest star Snoink :O those are really old though...) I currently am trying to do two comics one a comic strip-ish thing the other a comic book both of which can be found here. http://zoya911.deviantart.com/
mainly those two things are the only things on that website because i get lazy and using my scanner is difficult since i shoved my computer in a corner. I also do characures(spelling?)! I almost forgot that... @_@

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:46 pm
Snoink says...

And they also guest star... but we won't talk about that.

And! Because I am lazy!
Attachments
Photo 525.jpg
Photo 525.jpg (92.4 KiB) Viewed 255 times
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Please immediately cease and desist from offering Bob any more coffees with peppermint sprinkles. Thank you.
— SilverNight