z

Young Writers Society

New, Desperate and Excited

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:38 pm
badbadztmaru says...

Hi, I'm Jenny, I'm a recent graduate from high school and I have problem with motivation. Since the beginning of my senior year I have been searching high and low for an outlet to meet and collaborate with creative people. Ever since I was a writer I always had someone to talk to about it. In fact, that's how I got really into writing. I have bee unsuccesful in my trials and still have yet to meet anyone who can help me with my writing. I hope that YWS is the place to do it, it sure does look amazing!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:59 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey Jenny! I'm Chloe, but you can call me by my user name or any variation of one of the two. :D

You sure have come to the right place! YWS has made my writing improve by a lot, and has motivated me to keep writing. I'm sure you'll do great here. :D

We do have some rules here.
------->The 2:1 ratio! You have to post two reviews before you post something of your own. People are more likely to review your work if you review their's.

--> Keep curse words where they belong, in Literature. And if you do put them in your writing, rate it R.

---->Prty Plz dnt tlk lik dis. Is vry anoyin. Ocassional brbs, or lols are okay, but don’t overuse them. We are a writing society, you shouldn't be too lazy to type a little word.

----->: NO CAPS! WE HATE CAPS!!! WE HATE THEM!!! Even if you HATE something so badly, please do not use caps.

---> Try not to use many smilies. I know, it’s tempting with all the cool ones out there, but please limit them.

So, what are you interests? Soda or Milk? Mountains or Beach? Cake or ice cream?

Feel free to PM me if you need further help, or would like me to critique something you've written!
--Chloe ;)
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:08 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Hey Jenny.

Good news: YWS is a great place, so we may just be what you're looking for. I have the same problem with finishing my stories. The only time I ever finish them is for school. But I did finish one draft for a novel, thanks to the fact all my friends were reading it and begging me to finish it. Getting feedback really helps drive you to continue. Which is one reason YWS is a very cool site.

You've already been briefed on the rules, but let me add (though it's been said) that reviewing really is a great way to meet friends and get reviews. I highly recommend you do as much of it as you can stand.

Anyways, PM me anytime if you need anything. Welcome to YWS.

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:13 am
badbadztmaru says...

Vivacious wrote:Hey Jenny! I'm Chloe, but you can call me by my user name or any variation of one of the two. :D

You sure have come to the right place! YWS has made my writing improve by a lot, and has motivated me to keep writing. I'm sure you'll do great here. :D

We do have some rules here.
------->The 2:1 ratio! You have to post two reviews before you post something of your own. People are more likely to review your work if you review their's.

--> Keep curse words where they belong, in Literature. And if you do put them in your writing, rate it R.

---->Prty Plz dnt tlk lik dis. Is vry anoyin. Ocassional brbs, or lols are okay, but don’t overuse them. We are a writing society, you shouldn't be too lazy to type a little word.

----->: NO CAPS! WE HATE CAPS!!! WE HATE THEM!!! Even if you HATE something so badly, please do not use caps.

---> Try not to use many smilies. I know, it’s tempting with all the cool ones out there, but please limit them.

So, what are you interests? Soda or Milk? Mountains or Beach? Cake or ice cream?

Feel free to PM me if you need further help, or would like me to critique something you've written!
--Chloe ;)

1.) I love reading people's stuff. I barely read books anymore, just amateur writing.
2.) I'll try ;)
3.) Well duh! I hope not!
4.) dude, who writes in caps?
5.) again, I'll try ;)

My interests include candles, my warm bed, the beach, my journal, journalism and indie music.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:42 am
Dradian Far Runes says...

Actually, I'm a newbie too, so I don't know much about this place either, but I thought I'd say hi anyway. So far, I can say with confidence that this is the place you'v been looking for... its amazing. I'v gotten a ton of help and met a lot of interesting people here. :D

Something I connect with you on is motivation. Thats been troubling me for a long time too.

As for your other interests, I like those things too.

Anywayz,

M.E.
They say the eyes
Are windows to the soul
I say the earth
The sky
The moon
The very breath upon my lips
All of these
Are windows
To you

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:40 am
Snoink says...

Omg! If you ever want to rant about your story to me, feel free to instant message me. I love working out ideas with people and brainstorming. Especially on instant messanging because it's like... BAM! Instant idea... does it work? ZOMG! NO! But you can do this, this, and this...! :)

(Oh yeah. I definitely sound creepy.)

And... uh... welcome to the site! I've been on here wayyyy too friggin' long, so I pretty much know my way around. If you ever need any help, just bug me. I'll be happy to help. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:59 pm
Juniper says...

Hi Jenny!

Don't mind Snoink. XD She's not actually creepy, she's really, really helpful. :P

Anyway! You've come to the right place! Feel free to rant to anyone about your story... I would suggest making sure they're okay with it first because some of us bite! xD I don't, really. Promise. :P

But! We have a Writers corner section and writing tips! Feel free to appeal in any of those sections to get a general-audience opinion and what not. Also, I find that posting your work and getting good feedback spurs motivation.

Actually, looking at the site spurs motivation. But! YWS is getting a facelift soon. Or makeover. It's going to be all new and shiny and awesome...

So! Welcome to YWS! We're a decent, friendly bunch, and I'm sure you'll fit in well. :D

Welcome aboaard!

Juniper ;)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:06 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Hi Jenny. Welcome to YWS!What sort of things do you write? If you're interested in collaboration, check out "The Double Trouble Writing Huddle"-you'll find it if you click "groups." And June's right-Snoink's not creepy!

Feel free to PM me if you ever need a poetry review.

Jas
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents!”
— Little Women