z

Young Writers Society

heyy everyone TWO

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:06 am
caitlin*elizabeth*rose7 says...

hello, it's me (again). After being a smarter person and reading through what others have posted on this forum, I have decided to try again, this time announcing a bit about myself...

For one thing, I usually write short stories about... Almost anything, actually. I am working on a plot for a mystery novel. I am a total band geek (clarinet) and music and writing are my life. I currently have a broken heart :( which makes it harder to write well sometimes, but that's okay :)! My favorite band is The Fray (How To Save A Life) and I talk too much :) I'm also addicted to smiley faces (sorry if they get annoying). I operate everything of mine from an iPod Touch, and that gets pretty difficult and something always gets screwed up.

Luvs! Caitlin
Two camels in a tiny car!

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:53 am
Hannah says...

Hey, Caitlin! You totally didn't need to make a new thread, because I'm sure more people would have checked out your thread again if you'd simply responded there. The forum doesn't turn pages very quickly, so your post would still have been considered recent and would probably have been stopped in on anyways. ^___^

But, it's okay. It's not that big of a deal.

Hi~ I'm Hannah! ^_^ It's nice to meet you. I assume since you've read through the other posts that you're well aware of the basic rules, then? I won't repeat them, but I'm sure someone else might come along and post them just for convenience. Anyways, I wanted to talk to you about how you said you have a broken heart that makes it more difficult to write. I often find that tapping that emotion and putting it into my writing actually makes my writing better. You might want to consider just letting the emotion flow, rather than trying to keep it restrained or anything, and see what you come up with.

PM me if you have any questions or if you'd like anything reviewed, okay? And welcome to YWS~

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:39 pm
View Likes
Mars says...

OMG! I love the song in your signature.

Anywhoo, I already welcomed your guestbook, but I figured I'd pop in here too. So. Welcome again. :D And smileys are wonderful.

Broken hearts are awful, aren't they? But I totally agree with Hannah, use the emotion in your writing and you could come up with something totally amazing. Most of my poetry lately has been about one person. xD

x Mars
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:29 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

No matter how much a broken heart hurts, if you can get through it your emotional writing will be much better. Some people actually hesitate to write about heartbreak because they haven't lived through it. So, that's one way to look at things. (But, getting past it is really hard. If you're not used to it, it might take awhile to come through)

Mystery sounds really cool. Can be hard to pull off though. Good luck in your endeavours. ^^

If you want to check out some really great clubs to join on YWS, just hit the "Groups" button in the header. There are a bunch of usergroups there for just about everything. It's really fun. :D

If you need anything, just PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:28 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

The Fray rocks. I love How to Save a Life. Even if I suck when singing it on Singstar --'

Hi, Caitlin! *waves frantically* I'm Kat :D Nice to meet you!

Broken hearts suck. I've sure had my share of that! I still don't consider my writing awful ^^ It just makes it depressive and dark! xD

My mom has an iPod Touch. I hate trying to work with it. it has great features and all, but I just can't deal with the touch pad. I always do something wrong xP

*changes to Greeter mode* have you checked the rules, Caitlin? You really should ^_^ That way, you can keep the Mods away. Check [url=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/rules.php] the Rules [/url.]

*changes back to non-YWS staff*

Well, have a nice day! If you need anything, feel free to PM me :)
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14