z

Young Writers Society

Hello everyone!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:30 am
thedudewhodonttalk18 says...

Yep, it's as the subject says. You can call me Chris if you don't like to call me by my user name. I like to write short stories about action, supernatural, and sometimes romance. I might even try different styles.
I'm also a film-maker and a musician. So, I write screenplays and lyrics as well.

That's about it. Anyway, hi and hope to hear from all of you ^_^

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:52 am
LilyJamey says...

Hey Chris! Not that I don't like your username, it's just rather long. But then again, that could be a good thing since there are loads of people with same names and there'd be less chance of it with a name that has more characters. And it's a cool name. But I'm rambling. Sorry.

Anyway!

Welcome to YWS, the eerily addictive writing site! I'm Lily, ready to brief you on some rules of our beloved site. *curtseys*

1. The 2:1 ratio is what we call our system. Whenever you wish to post a work, make sure you already did two reviews for it. It's our way of keeping the amount of works and critiques balanced. This is one of our basest rules, so don't forget!

2. Absolutely no chatspeak allowed. Abbreviations like 'POV' for 'point of view', 'A/N' for 'author's note' and 'lol' for 'laughing out loud' are allowed, but 'u' for 'you' and '2' for 'to' are not. Also! Don't capitalise headings and such unless you mean to shout at the reader. And keep swear words in the literature forums.

Now that that's out of the way..
You sound as cool as your name. Supernatural fiction! I can't wait to check out your work. But be prepared for the 'honesty' of reviews you may receive. I hope you aren't very shocked by bluntness. It isn't very good for self-esteem, but it's excellent for improving writing.

You're a musician, ay? What do you play? And I see you write scripts! That sounds so fun. You can publish scripts and lyrics here too, by the way, in case you didn't know. They're in the literature forums, as are the other genres and types.

If you're looking for critics, you could go for the "Will Review For Food" section of the community forums. There're people lining up to review works - no charge. I believe it's here.

Sorry for unleashing this tirade on you, I haven't welcomed anyone new in months! PM me if you need anything. Hope to see you round the site soon!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:37 am
walshie says...

Hi, Chris! (I do like your username yet I type like a snail so it is quicker this way :P)

Anyways...

Welcome to YWS! Lily has already told you everything you need to know, but I recommend you check the Rules section of Help and Support just to double check things and help you answer any questions you may have.

Musician, huh? Me too! What instruments do you play? I play the guitar and piano and know the grand total of one song on flute.

PM me if you need anything or just want a chat :).

walshie
I've got birds in my ear and a devil on my shoulder, got a phone in the other and I can't get a hold of her. What's a crush to do?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:38 am
Meep(: says...

Sup, dude.
O_o
Oh err, I can call you Chris?
Well then, hiya Chris! :D
Welcome to our crazy, silly YWS family!

Another person who writes scripts! Hi-five! :D
I like writing scripts, but I've stuck to parodies so far.
Humour is absolutely essential for me :)
A musician too, eh? I play the piano! :D
With such a combination, does that mean you've attempted to write a musical? XD

Well, I look forward to reading your scripts, and feel free to drop me a PM if you've got any questions.
Have a good day! :D
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
— Mark Twain