z

Young Writers Society

Hi !!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:33 am
Jasper_09 says...

Hey everyone!
i'm an 18 y.o girl who LURRVS writing. i've only come out of my shell in the writing world over the last year but am absolutely stoaked to share, get feedback and give feedback/support :)

Finally! a site that actually has the stuff young writers need.
i find getting feedback from close friends a bit on the "everything is so fantastic!" side when there really needs to be a bit more constructive criticism for making the writing better!
(yes i'm huge on feedback :) )

say hi,
i'm honest, but nice while doing it, i'm not gonna shut ppl down, we're here because we all love doing the same thing.

we arent aspiring writers, we ARE writers.

Cheers
X

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:25 am
Hannah says...

Hey there! ^_^ What can we call you? I'm Hannah~ Welcome to YWS!

I'd like to drop in and mention a couple of rules that you'll need to follow when you're here. First of all, please don't use chat speak. xD Since we're a writing website, it only makes sense that we'd use proper grammar and everything like that. Abbreviations are sometimes okay, especially writing-related abbreviations like 'MC' for main character or 'POV' for point of view. But when you get into 'ttyl', '4', 'u', and stuff like that, we'd prefer you type out the real words! =D

Secondly, YWS maintains at least a 2:1 review to post ratio. That means you'll need to go review two works by other members before posting any of your own. You can even review more than two if you want to get a feel for the other work around here. =D

Also, I'm glad that you feel that way about feedback. That's why the site is here, so we can help each other improve writing. =] I don't think any one here is going to try to cut down your writing or insult you. =]

Anyways, what sort of things do you like to write? What genres do you read? What book/music/movie/thing in general inspires you most?

PM me if you have any questions or if you'd like anything reviewed. =D

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:33 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hello, I'm Chloe, but you can call me by my user name, if you'd like.

Is there anything else you like to do besides writing? We have something called user groups here, they're places where you can talk with users all about other topics. Go up to the big groups icon at the top. When you click it, you should be taken to a huge page filled with groups to join. There are group for many things, but if you can't find one, go to the link at the top of the page, you can try to make a new group there!

So, feel free to PM me if you need any help, or would like me to review something you've written!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!
— Feltrix