z

Young Writers Society

Hello, howdy, and aloha

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:38 pm
View Likes
red_helix7 says...

hi im red_helix7 or just Helix for short, i am an aspiring writer and i am new here to this site! hello and whatsup!

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:25 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Bonjour! Welcome to YWS.

I'm sure you're going to fit right in here at YWS, which is one of the best writing communities (the only one I would suggest to a friend, actually) I've ever been a part of.

We have a 2:1 rule here about reviews. That means that for every piece you put up for review, you need to review two others. That way everyone gets their reviews and you get to make yourself more well known. People really appreciate when you take the time to review their work, so if you have the patience for it you can make great friends that way (and attract more people to review your own work. Hint hint).

What's your favorite genre? Whose your favorite author?

PM me anytime with questions and such (as per the coupon in my sig).

^_^ Keek
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:41 am
chasingcolts21 says...

Hello, it's nice to meet you! I must say, I agree with Sleeping, this is a pretty darn great writing community. We're the best ever. *coughisnotbiasedatallcough* :D

Anyways, if you get lost feel free to go Here if you haven't already. :P

Please don't use chat speak; it's quite annoying and isn't very writer-ly. :P

As you may have noticed, here we have ranks. :D

Ranks depend on how many posts you make: :P
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts
Master of the Forum: 1,000+ posts
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:45 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Hey Helix, welcome to YWS! :D
Aspiring writer? This is the place for you! :D

Sleeping Valor already mentioned one of the biggest rule here, (if you haven't read the full rules yet, I'd recommend doing so). But there are a couple of other big ones to keep in mind.
-No chat speak: We want to keep this site as sophisticated as possible so try to use proper grammar and spelling. (If you're not sure if you've spelled everything correct and want to check, above the reply window is a 'check spelling' button).
-Rate your work: If your story/poem/lyric/picture etc. is really violent, sexually explicit, or uses a lot of swear words, please rate it accordingly. There are a lot of younger people here who may not want to read/see that.
-Swearing: it's okay in literary works but in the regular forums and stuff, try to limit the swearing, again because of the younger people. :)

So now that the boring stuff is out of the way, are you ready for some hard questions?
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? Who's your favorite author? What's your favorite kind of cookie? What's your favorite kind of fruit? If you were a shoe, what kind of shoe would you be and why? If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why?

If you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:06 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey Helix!

What do you like to do besides writing? We have something called groups here, there are groups for almost every hobby. Head on up to the little “Groups” Icon at the top of the page. Click it and search for a group with the interest that you have. If you find one, join it! If not, at the top of the page there’s a link to a forum where you can create a group. Have fun!

So, feel free to PM me if you need any help or would like to critique something you've written!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:47 am
bludragon525 says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS!!!!

Has anyone mentioned colored names??? *sigh* Then I will.

Okay, so you may have noticed that some usernames are in different colors (green, blue, red, etc.). These are the people that help around our community!

Green: The mods of YWS (Senior mods (dark gree) and junior mods (light green))
Blue: Greeters
Purple: Instructors (If anyone, go to them to get your work reviewed!)
Red: Administrators

Now that that's over and done with, tell us about yourself. Favorite authors and books? Favorite ice cream flavor? What genre do you like to write?

I may be a nobody, but feel free to pm me if you need any advice or if you get lost roaming around the website (it's a jungle out there!).

See ya around.

zOe :D
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford