z

Young Writers Society

Hiya.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:03 pm
Ellyphant says...

Hi! I'm Elise if you will. Some might know me as Taylor Or rose or something like that. I am excited to be writing again. I can't wait to talk to some old friends and some new. well just thought i would say hi. Ova.
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:51 pm
View Likes
chasingcolts21 says...

Hello Elise! I'm Ryan...or Colt...or Lion. Long story, I just have a lot of names... :D

Well, I'm glad you came on YWS, we always are happy to have new members!

I should tell you something about this site now lol. :P

These are ranks:
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts*
Speaker of the Forum: 500 posts
Master of the Forum: 1000 posts
*At Novelist, you can have a custom title, which you can change whenever you want, located in your profile, so I hear. :D

Now, for each piece of writing you post your work (song, poem, story, novel, etc...) you must review two pieces of someone else's work. This helps make sure everyone a review. Also, Nate has told us that some sites have a 10:1 ratio instead of our 2:1 ratio. :D

Anyways, I hope you have a great time here. Feel free to PM me with questions, comments, help, or for reviews.
-Ryan
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:27 pm
Shauni says...

Hello Elly! Welcome to the YWS! I hope you have a great time here, learning while having a blast! So, let's thanks Ryan for explaining you some of our rules. I shall just give you a brief of them, like we usually do to the newbies! ;)

1. No chat speak and/or capitalized sentences/words. We are all, supposedly, writers here...

2. Keep a 2:1 ratio. This means that for every post you make of your own work, you should at least make two reviews. But, to post your work, you need to have points. These points come from reviews others people work. You can earn until 50 points per review, depending on their length. A review is only counted as a review when it has, approximately, 250 characters ( 3 sentences).

3. Rate your works accordly. Works with f-word and/or sexual content, must be rated R. Works rated PG-13 below will appear on the front page.

These are are super-needed basics. They make this world keep breathing.
Now, the YWS is enormous. Spread your wings and explore it to the maximum. We have the blogs, the groups, the community forums... Oh well! A whole bunch of cool things to do! These features are all on the boarder on the top of the page! :D

Ne nice to everyone and I'm sure you will make lots of friends and gain a lot of experience.

And, what about you?

What's your favourite music genre?
What's your favourite movie?
Ice-cream or cookies?

Have a great time here!
Hope to see you around!
PM if you need anything!

Best wishes
Shauni^^

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:35 am
Carlito says...

Hey Elise, welcome to YWS! :D

Since Shauni graciously covered the rules, I'll give you some tips :)
The biggest thing is just explore and get involved. Everyone here is really nice and friendly so don't be worried that people will hate you or something :) Check out the Groups. There are about a million so there's bound to be one that you like and want to join. You can join as many as you want so don't be afraid! :)

Now are you ready for some hard questions?
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? What's your baked good of choice? What's your favorite kind of vegetable? If you could meet any author and talk to them for an hour, asking them whatever you wanted, who would you meet? If you were a piece of furniture, what kind would you be and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:12 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey Elise! I'm Chloe, you can call me any variation of that or by my user name. Happy to have you join the wonderful place called YWS!

You might have seen some stars under the avatars of most people. Those represent the amount of reviews you have done.
Star System
Ze Yellow Stars
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star
750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars
1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star
1250 Reviews = 5 Red Stars
Don't worry, only a couple of awesome people have gotten that many reviews. ;)

So, what else do you like to do besides writing?

Feel free to PM me if you need help, or would like me to critique something you've written.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:46 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome! (Or should I say welcome back?)

I haven't been around in a while either, so I think i share you excitement about getting back into writing. ^_^ I won't bug you about the rules, so I'll just say welcome. I hope you have lots of fun in this (awesome) community.

PM me anytime if you need anything (see coupon in my sig for details). Enjoy!

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:08 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS.

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.

See ya around
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:40 pm
Ellyphant says...

Thanks everyone!

Shauni
What's your favourite music genre? I listen to anything as long as it is music
What's your favourite movie? probably the Notebook
Ice-cream or cookies? Ice cream.

tnme22
What's your favorite genre to read/write? Probably Fantasy
What kind of music do you listen to? all kinds
What's your baked good of choice? doughnuts
What's your favorite kind of vegetable? lettuce
If you could meet any author and talk to them for an hour, asking them whatever you wanted, who would you meet? Stephen King
If you were a piece of furniture, what kind would you be and why? I would be a frame because i would never be touched.
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:38 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Welcome to YWS, Elise ^^ I'm Shina, another one of those blue-titled people known as greeters. It is my job and my pleasure to greet the newbs of YWS :P

Since it definitely looks like everyone else got the rules covered, I'll give you some advice:

Take advantage of this site. There are active members, blooming writers of all genres, knowledgeable teachers, and people who'd love to help you improve your writing.

Don't take all reviews to heart. YWS instructors will probably rip you to shreds, but no fear! It's all in the hope that you'll improve from their lessons and teachings. Listen to their suggestions and I'm sure you'll become ten times the writer you are right now.

When I first came to YWS I had potential. I was like an ore in need of refining. With YWS's help, I learned so many things that even my creative writing class slightly bores me. I was able to finish my novel and now I'm sending queries. Take this site seriously because with what's around you is the next generation of great writers.

Good Luck & Have Fun ;)
-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)