z

Young Writers Society

'ello strangers

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:16 am
Khimera9 says...

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum so I might as well introduce myself.

I'm Khimera9, and I'm a new writer on the block. I've been writing for a little while and have been working on stories for even longer. My strong points are mostly in science fiction and somewhat in fantasy, but I can use them equally.

I've already read some of the rules (something about rating works, no bad grammar, swearing, and reviewing twice before submiting once) so if there's anything else I need to be informed about please do.

I'm glad I found this place (I've been searching for hours) and I can't wait to start working.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:11 am
Meep(: says...

Hey Khimera! :D
Firstly, I feel inclined to mention that you're awesomesauce for reading up the rules. Great job!
Another thing you should keep in mind is that you should keep chatspeak and CAPS lock to an absolute minimal :)

Secondly:
Welcome to YWS! We are one biiig happy family but there's always room for more! :D

Thirdly:
Noticed how some of our usernames vary in colours?
Well, I'm here to solve the mystery!
Grey - The "normal" members of YWS. Without them, we'd be an empty shell. Yes, the greys are epic.
Blue - Greeters. Like me! We make the new members feel welcome and help them settle down.
Purple - Instructors. They help you with posting your work. They're armed with writing tips and if you're nice, they'll even give you a review!
Light Green - Junior Moderators. They assist the Mods. Awesome people. But watch out, some of them bite.
Dark Green - Moderators. They help the Admins by keeping the forums in tip top shape, as well as ensure that the rest of us behave.
Red - Administrators. They are in charge of just about everything and make sure that YWS runs smoothly. We've currently got 3 of 'em: Nate (The epic dude who created YWS), Firestarter and Meshugenah! Epic people with epic powers.
Orange - Distinguished Members. The title says it all. Basically retired Mods.

Anyhoo! Tell us more about yourself; Your likes and dislikes.
Favourite book? Author? Song? Band? Sport? Food? Colour? :D

Well, I'll see you around then. Go ahead and drop me a PM if you've got any questions and such!
Have a great day then! :D
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:56 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome to YWS!

And I'm glad you read the rules. ^_^ I'd just like to add on to the rule about reviewing (2 reviews for every 1 thing you submit for review) that the more you review, the more friends you'll make. It will also help you get reviews. I know a lot of people will appreciate when you look at their work and want to return the favor. In fact someone just PMed me saying just that yesterday. (Too bad I haven't submitted anything recently =P)

Science fiction, eh? I tried writing something in that genre a while back (I plotted out a whole novel) but I don't read the genre (though I do watch a lot of the shows on TV) and I have no skill in it. I love fantasy though.

We're glad you found us too! YWS is a pretty awesome comminty (one of the first ones that really worked for me). We have something for everyone, so please feel free to check out (links can be found in the headbar at the top of the page) Groups if you want to find some people you share interests with, and I encourage you to be active in the Community Forums, since it helps you meet people and make friends. Then when you're ready to jump in head over to Writing and start reviewing and submitting. :D

PM me anytime if you need anything (see coupon in my sig for details, though I reserve the right not to review Sci-fi work, though I might be willing to read it and give you general feedback =P). Enjoy yourself!

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:11 pm
Alainna says...

I'm not one of the JM's that bites as Meep mentioned ^^.

Hey Khimera and welcome to YWS!!

I'm sure that you'll like it here - YWS has a great community feel to it and is excellent for those who haven't been writing for long as well as the more experienced writers.

Feel free to pm me if you need any help or have any questions. You may also want to check out the Help and Support tab on the drop down menu - there's some very helpful stuff to be found there.

All the best and see you around,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec