z

Young Writers Society

The Life and Times of Your Friendly Neighborhood Maniac!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:26 pm
Sweetyb1 says...

Hi everyone I'm Rebecca, your friendly neighborhood maniac! :D

I'm a 14 year old girl who lives in the southern United States! In Louisiana! And I don't have a southern accent :wink:

I'm going to be a freshman in High School next year. I have long, dark brown hair (goes to my lower back almost to my butt) that's always flat and straight. And I like it that way believe it or not! I'm about 5'4" and most of my friends are taller than me. It kind of bugs me sometimes but not often :wink:

I have an older brother who is going into college (yes soon the house will be mine MWAHAHAHAHA *clears throat*), a mom and a dad, four cats, and one dog. My cats are all black (unfortunately I do not have the ability to fly around on a broomstick) and my dog is a German Shepard.

My best subjects in school are English and History. I won the best in English award at my school for three years in a row and this year I also won best in History. I am also a proud member of my school's band, and I play clarinet. Band geeks unite!

I enjoy spending time alone in my room or with my friends. But I'm usually just alone in my room. Well not completely alone. I have all my gazillions of stuffed animals to keep me company :3

I'm not much of an athlete, but I was on my school's Middle School softball team. Softball has always been one of the few sports I enjoy. I also ride horses which is my favorite athletic activity. I do English Saddle Riding and have won two second place ribbons from my stable's spring competition.

Now for my list of obsessions:

Anime/manga
Japanese culture
Stuffed animals
Books (but of course!)
And my friend's little sister's pancakes and cookies (She is the best baker I know!)

Going along with my love for Japanese culture I am learning Japanese. Learning via cassette tape. When I first got the cassettes I spent twenty minutes attempting to use a cassette player. I had forgotten how XD

I've been in love with books since I was pretty much born. My parents used to read me books and when I turned five I learned how to read. My mom said it annoyed her because when she would read to me I would then go on for about ten chapters. When she would read to me the next day she'd have no idea what was going on XD

The first books I read were the Harry Potter books and the Series of Unfortunate Events. I grew up on fantasy and overly depressing and cynical books. Lucky me! :wink:

Alright everyone I can't wait to talk to you all!

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:43 am
ballerina13 says...

I am in band too! I have been for 3 years and love it more each time. I play the flute. Who are your favorite authors? What type of genre do you write in? I prefer historical fiction myself.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:44 am
Sweetyb1 says...

Yay for band. It is fun.

Favorite authors. That's a toughie. I don't really know if I can decide. I like to write Fantasy and Reality Fiction mostly. Those are what I like to read too but mostly fantasy.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:11 am
foxfire says...

Japanese...thats awesome...we got the same common likes as well though i am not the best in history or english but yeah that's still that....

so you like to make fantasy, eh...but when you mean cynical or depressing...what do you mean becasue if it like thriller, crime or scary fiction then thats another common...

what kind of stories you like to make?

if you did what is your favourite characters thta you have created?

i would like to meet them or my characters to meet them...
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:56 pm
SpencerNolanRivers says...

I am also from the the South. North Carolina, to be exact. I've been told that I do not have a Southern accent, which is sad, because I want one. Not a really thick one, but a hint of one. I think they sound really cute. lol
House: People interest me. Conversations don't.
Foreman: Maybe because conversations go both ways.
House & Foreman: Like Thirteen.

I exist as I am, that is enough
— Walt Whitman